How can I get my remote working on my LG G3?

rax369

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Remote Not Working Anymore

Hi there,

Since some time ago the "QuickRemote" app is not working anymore on my LG G3 (D850). Even tried installing another remote app (SURE Universal) that had also worked here in the past, but the result was the same, it was launched but nothing happened.

The QuickRemote app behaviour is that it runs, but also stays in the background like trying to launch, just a loading circle is shown below the quick access buttons.

I thought that probably the .apk could have been deleted so I went to settings->general->apps to check if the QuickRemote app was there, and indeed it's still there. So tried clearing the data & cache w/out success.

Now the curious thing here, it that I searched the word "remote" along my device (with a file manager) and didn't find nothing. So I don't know if the apk was deleted, but rarely the search didn't find it, but it also appears in the apps section.

Do you guys have any ideas how to fix this issue? :confused:

TIA.-

rax369

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Remote Not Working Anymore

Problem solved!

Took me more than 3 hours to search some forums, install some tools, understand what for they were, and finally to follow these steps XD

1. Removed previous version of Quick Remote with Titanium Backup.
  2. Set SELinux to Permissive using SELinux Mode Changer.
  3. Rebooted into recovery and install Quick Remote from the post linked above.

PD: Credits to crescentmage from forum.xda-developers.com, since I still cant post links, couldn't link my answer to that thread.

Last edited: