Should I get a replacement battery?

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Replacement battery

Was thinking about getting one for a while but never did. With my phone not getting past the Verizon loading screen before turning off it's a definite.

Even if it turns out to be the phone itself and not the battery, like to have an extra one when it gets heavy use.

Are the stock ones the best? Saw a post on here for a 6000mah battery but no idea how it held up over time.

I can be a heavy user at times. I work nights so it's mostly charging or on my table during the day.

They don't look too expensive so would it matter whether I buy online, Best Buy, another store?

Chromecast, facebook, texting...I guess the usual. Did get it because it's great at gaming too when it's not too hot.

Thanks again!

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Replacement battery

I have an official spare battery and external charger. I don't have info on the huge batteries, but personally I'd rather have (2) 3000s than (1) 6000 and just swap as necessary. However, I've had great luck with Anker batteries which you can get pretty cheap on Amazon usually. If you want more accessory information you could check the XDA G3 forums - they always have an accessory section with good information.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I bought a 3000 mAh replacement made by Anker. Not impressed w/the battery life. Stick with stock.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Been a few months so I figure I'd see if anyone's had any luck with any 3rd party brands.

Stock's a possibility but Amazon has some 3rd party deals as well.

Onite, TrendOn & Anker all offer 2 batteries and charger.

Anyone know of any stock deals like that? Haven't been able to find any myself so far.

Onite: http://www.amazon.com/Onite-3000mAh-Battery-BL-53YH-Verizon/dp/B00M3T06QO/ref=sr_1_9?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1446008524&sr=1-9&keywords=lg+g3+battery

TrendOn: http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Tre...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4781378

Anker: http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteri...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4781378

garya73

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I bought a package off Amazon from Anker that included a charger and two batteries. I have found the batteries to be about equal to the stock battery.

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Any idea on where to find an OEM battery? Anytime I find one listed as "stock", the reviews say it is fake. LG had sold a battery/charger pack on their website when the phone first came out, but I guess they don't carry it anymore since its not the current model. If not, was thinking about picking up an Anker one.

shulman

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

I lost the original LG G3 battery while switching batteries. The replacement battery has no brand name and is awful. Even fully-charged, it usually dies after 10 photos are taken although it shows 60% power remaining. Sometimes, by removing the battery in the field and re-booting, I can get a few more photos. The battery life is awful and the original supplied by LG was not much better. This dvice drains power like there's no tomorrow. My old iPhone would hold a charge for the entire day.

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I lost the original LG G3 battery while switching batteries. The replacement battery has no brand name and is awful. Even fully-charged, it usually dies after 10 photos are taken although it shows 60% power remaining. Sometimes, by removing the battery in the field and re-booting, I can get a few more photos. The battery life is awful and the original supplied by LG was not much better. This dvice drains power like there's no tomorrow. My old iPhone would hold a charge for the entire day.

I love the phone, but the battery is my one complaint compared to the the iphone. I had a iphone 4 that was 4 years old when i got the G3 and battery life on that was still better. I'm a moderate user most days, so I get close to a full day out of 1 charge, but I guess with it being 15-16 months old at this point, I've noticed it draining a little quicker. I'm sure there are some tweaks I could make, just haven't had the time to research. I had made a bunch of setting changes based on what users had posted here when it first came out, but I had my original unit replaced after 3 months due to a screen issue, so I lost all of those changes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance