11-28-2018 07:58 AM
103 12345
tools
    The blue screen appeard on my LG G3 2 days ago and it wouldn't turn on properly ever since. My warranty has already expired so i searched for fixes and found this thread. I took out the motherboard using the instuctions from a video on yt and put the motherboard in the oven for 10 minutes at 180C (360F). I had so little hope for ever fixing my phone, but it acually worked. I let it cool down and turned it on, the data was all still there. Also taking the phone apart and putting it together is way easier that i thought it would be.
    Mike the welder likes this.
    10-29-2016 11:08 AM
    Hi

I did the oven trick and it worked.
    But now my phone's battery is darin very fast, the phone is overheating also a warrning is displayed for overheating, and the reception is not good. Any idea why ?

The phone was 5 minutes at 180 degrees
    10-30-2016 12:16 AM
    My LG G3 got the blue screen of death as well. I decided just to go with the Asurion insurance replacement instead of trying the oven trick, so for a $100 deductible. I now have to return my G3 to Asurion. To put it very bluntly, I'm not a tech guy. I don't know squat about phones. Do I need to be concerned about my data that was on the G3?. The phone won't boot up at all...it just goes to a blue screen then shuts itself off after a few seconds. Is there a way I can wipe it? Remove the motherboard and microwave it then stick it back in the phone? Or maybe I shouldn't even worry about it since it seems the phone is completely fried?
    11-08-2016 09:52 PM
    Thank you so much...!!!!!!
    I had the same problem last night,
    then I found this post...

I trusted you guys and tried at home, and its GREAT!!!!

180C, 10 mins, cool down, reassemble your phone, then its done
    After saving the phone, I immediately uploaded all my data to my PC,
    since I think this phone will die again very soon.
    11-19-2016 11:32 AM
    Thank you so much...!!!!!!
    I had the same problem last night,
    then I found this post...

I trusted you guys and tried at home, and its GREAT!!!!

180C, 10 mins, cool down, reassemble your phone, then its done
    After saving the phone, I immediately uploaded all my data to my PC,
    since I think this phone will die again very soon.
    I open my forum account because of this great news
    11-19-2016 11:33 AM
    I had the exact same problem with my LG G3, and really thought the baking solution was a joke. But my phone was not working anymore so I had nothing to lose. So I placed the mainboard into the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes, and it worked!! it really worked. For how long I don't know, but I was able to get all my data of the phone and will be using it until it dies again.

My phone started to act up 2 months ago, starting with not being able to read and use the SD card, It had become slow and wasn't working very well, I thought it was just time for a restore. Now after baking the mainboard the SD slot works again, and the phone processing power is back to normal, with much improvement. So I can only guess that the processor was loosing contact with the SD card, and wasn't performing at 100% or dealing with a lot of errors before.

It seems obvious that the processor is loosing contact with the mainboard, and the baking solution seems to restore that, at least temporarily. I would like to get feedback from LG about this defect and a fix for it! It also surprised me that a processor that heats this much does not have a heat sink or thermal paste to transfer the heat into the metal frame, instead of overheating it's own soldering.

Why is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_100044.jpgWhy is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_100112.jpgWhy is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_220520.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_100044.jpg   Why is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_100112.jpg   Why is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?-img_20161123_220520.jpg  
    11-23-2016 04:13 PM
    The hair dryer for 10mins worked!!!!!!!!! I covered the buttons and camera and worked!!!!! Thank you!!
    11-29-2016 11:06 PM
    Just signed in to ask you guys that baked their motherboards a question:
    I got the blue screen of death too.
    An important follow up is that I went through an annoying chat with LG but found up they're owning up to the malfunction and will replace the motherboard for free (this is at least here in Canada). I do need to send it to them and it'll take ~7-10 business days.
    They will not recover any of the data though; and I also went to a local fix store and they said it's a complex and expensive fix and no guarantee that I'll get the data. They claim the bake method also requires a re-install of operating system afterwards and that most data will be lost by doing that.

So here's my question: did you guys have to do anything other than baking, cooling and re-assembling?
    Was your data there?
    Is there any visible change to the motherboard?
    Because right now I'm seriously considering trying this method and if it works, downloading all my data and sending them the device to replace the motherboard; except for this malfunction I'm happy with the phone and they've stated the newer motherboards don't have the same defect.

Any comments would be super welcome!

Thanks!
    Can you please tell me who to contact to send my phone in for repair at LG
    11-30-2016 12:17 AM
    I just called support, they said my phone is out of warranty. it was a known issue and extended it to 18 months, but my phone is about 22 months so, So SORRY.
    no Sorry LG, my next phone will not be an LG.
    12-03-2016 11:49 AM
    My wife's G3 started having trouble with the camera. Every time she opened it the screen would go purple. If she closed it the phone was fine. Then a couple of days ago she started getting the blue screen of boot loop. Occasionally it would boot all the way but eventually it go back to the blue screen boot loop. I found this thread and by Jove baking the motherboard at 300 degrees for 10 minutes has given it some more life. The camera is even back to working.

Worse still is it's on a small business account so replacing it is becoming an issue. But at the very least she can get what she needs off it.

Either way. Thanks everyone for this fix even if it's only temporary.
    12-04-2016 05:36 PM
    The Oven trick only worked 2 weeks for me, and the phone has started to blue-screen again
    My handset is 24 months old, I did contact LG and am waiting for a reply.

Contact link:
    https://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/chat-email/email
    12-05-2016 07:44 PM
    Hi Trent I am needing to get my LG G3 back up and running because it contatins evidence for a very important upcoming court date. if you dont mind can you give specific instructions on how to heat up the motherboard after removing. Do let the oven preheat first. At what temperature and how long should I wait for it to cool down after taking it out of the oven
    12-08-2016 09:01 PM
    All I can say is THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!! Lol I too was pleasantly surprised that the oven method actually worked! I didn't lose anything!! TAKE THAT STUPID BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!! Lol ❤️
    12-18-2016 09:58 AM
    I can also confirm that the baking method works! I got blue screen of death today. Nothing I did was working to fix it. Luckily I searched the issue and found this thread. I followed the directions, 10 minutes at 360 degrees then let the mb cool for 10 minutes. After reassembling everything, it powered on and works great. I'm using it to post this. I don't know how long before the issue reappears but I'm glad it's working again!
    12-23-2016 12:26 AM
    Wow, that was so easy! Phone stopped working on Saturday. Did some searching for fixes, but figured it was just bricked. Bought a new phone a few hours later, but continued to fool around with the G3. Eventually got it to boot, then got to the blue screen which after a quick Google brought me to this thread. Had the motherboard out, baked, back together and working in less than 30 minutes. Amazing.
    Now, need to decide if want to keep the Moto X Pure I bought or continue with the G3. G3 has been a little glitchy the last few months. Would love to get the Pixel, but price is way too much. Wish the 6p price dropped more after there Pixel came out. Kind of intrigued by the Moto Z Play as well. Battery sounds amazing. At least now I have more time to research. Thanks for everyones help on this!
    01-02-2017 01:41 PM
    I can't believe the oven method worked!!! 360 degrees for 10 minutes, let cool, plug back in and it works! Had the blue screen of death and hadn't backed up my phone, so I have all of my wife's phone numbers, pictures, etc back.

Thank you very much!!!
    01-03-2017 08:06 PM
    My LG g3 went to blue screen 15 days ago, and I went to a local mobile shop, and they "repaired it" with Repair flash tool. It worked for 10 days and now again the blue screen. Will the oven thing work or should I try first with the hair dryer?
    01-11-2017 04:53 AM
    Unfortunately, the phone is bricked when this happens. See my 1st post in this thread. If your photos were on the external SD card, youre saved. But if you had any saved to the internal hard drive, you're not in a good place.
    (Just saw the bake method fix...guess I will try it if LG won't help me.)

I just got the blue screen of death a couple of days ago on my 2 year old LGG3. Anybody found a way to fix the issue on your own? Of course I had just recently cancelled my insurance! :-( I emailed LG..no response yet.

Thankfully I use Google Photos to auto backup all my photos & videos FREE, and 95% were stored on my 64GB SD card, because I have thousands! I highly recommended storing them on an SD card instead of internally. My SD card was full, that is the only reason some were internal.

I keep hoping it will come back to life...any hope? I have had computers come back to life from the deadly BLUE screen.
    01-14-2017 08:19 PM
    I don't know if I just got lucky but I was experiencing the boot loop and blue screen as well, I plugged the phone into my laptop via USB and that seemed to stop it from looping, I was able to enter my passcode and it seems to be fine now. Again I may have just gotten lucky. Previous to this I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and that didn't seem to do anything.
    01-16-2017 02:56 PM
    I had tried the heating the motherboard technique except with a blow dryer on high for 10 minutes. Note I made sure to remove my SD and SIM card BEFORE heating. I immediately put it back in my phone afterwards and began attaching all the necessary parts for it to start back up. Tried pressing the power button but it was at 0% from previous attempts at a factory restart so I plugged it in and let it charge to 20% (note that I would have probably of waited until 25-30% at least looking back because my battery came close to dying while starting back up even though I had it plugged in the whole time). After letting it charge I pressed the power button and it started up and took me through the Start Wizard. Now I hadn't inserted my SIM card yet and I had to cross my fingers and turn my phone back off, take out the battery and insert the SIM card when the wizard prompted me to. Luckily it started right back up when and took me right to where I left off on the Start Wizard. Just follow the prompts from there. I still don't know if this is going to work long-term, but I'm optimistic.
    01-26-2017 01:41 PM
    Yesterday was a rough day: I was under a mandatory evacuation order due to flooding here in California, and my less than two-year-old (but out-of-warranty) LG G3 gave me a blue screen and died. Nothing I tried could revive it.

Today is a better day: My house is (for the moment) still dry, and my LG G3 is (again, for the moment) working thanks to the info in this thread.

I know I'm not out of the woods. There is more rain coming, and I'm sure that my LG G3 will boot loop again. But at least baking my phone (who knew?) gave me time to make a proper backup. While I shop for a new phone, I'm using my 2013-era Samsung Galaxy S4, which is still working perfectly after four years. I do know that my next phone will not be an LG!
    02-22-2017 04:23 PM
    i don't know what to say, i had lost hope on my friend's G3, tried put the motherboard in the oven for 10 minutes, cool down a bit, and it really worked!

CRAZY! BUT WORKED!
    03-09-2017 08:16 AM
    Recently bought an old G3(D855). The rom installed is stock Marshmallow v30n I think so it was impossible to root so I downgraded and decided to flash a kdz(v30B). After that I experienced this blue screen of death. I went to a technician and he heated the SOC with some paste and the device went fine. After a day of using the BSOD appears again. I also have a replacement battery. Also does it help if I will put a thermal pad or thermal paste at the back of the logic board connected to its frame? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    03-28-2017 04:29 AM
    Signed up just to tell you the baking option worked for me well!. Kudos to the original poster
    04-08-2017 07:33 AM
    I had the blue blue screen problem two weeks after the replacement of my broken screen in a LG G3 D855.

It get hot and the battery went down very quick.

I saw this video

and realiced that the motherboard didn't seat perfectly in its place, so the conectors could make a shor circuit.

putting plastic and paper over de connectors and PROBLEM SOLVED. No blue screen, battery and phone working perfectly.

Regards.
    04-20-2017 07:01 AM
103 12345