Why is my LG G3 boot looping to a blue screen?

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
While on Instagram my G3 screen suddenly went blue and proceeded to boot loop. I get to the LG logo and then a blue screen follows, then the phone turns off and reboots to do the same thing over again, refusing to start up

I have tried to re-flash the stock ROM but i'm not able to access download mode as the screen just returns to the blue screen and shuts off.

Does anybody have any experience with this issue?

IMG_20150908_001504.jpg

Last edited:

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my wife's G3 a couple weeks ago. I tried the same as you by going into the bootloader but phone would bootloop right back into blue screen when I tried to enter download mode.

My last resort was to call Verizon. They did not state that it was a known habitual issue. I was 1.5 months over the 1 year manufacturer warranty of the phone but Verizon offered a 1 time courtesy warranty replacement and sent us a new phone free of charge.

Googling the issue came back with a few links to some forums with others that had the issue but in all I read, I saw no fixes for the issue.

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
This is a very strange situation. Anyway I already ordered an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3. Not gonna risk paying a flagship price when unexplained things like this can just kill your phone.

nicolega

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My LG G3 just gave me the blue screen of death.

I removed the battery, then pressed and held the power button for 20 seconds to reset the phone. Then I put the phone back in, powered the phone up and the LG screen came on for 2 seconds, then the blue screen again. I tried this several times with the same results.

I don't have insurance for my phone because it's a rip off and my phone is just over 1 month past the 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

I called Verizon Tech Support and spoke with a very helpful and efficient representative named Marsha. I told her that others were having the same problem and referred her to this message thread. She read the thread to confirm what I told her. She is sending me a replacement phone by FedEx 2 day at no cost to me. The only catch is I don't have a spare Verizon phone to use until my new phone arrives.

nyalopez

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me on Christmas day. Lost the ability to capture christmas moments and share it with family who live far away. So much for being "made for life on the go".

Googled and scoured the internet for any fixes and couldn't find any resolution. Went to AT&T and they weren't very interested in helping and immediately directed me to file an insurance claim. They seem to be aware of this defect and hinted that I could possibly get an upgrade to a new and better phone, I presume without the known blue screen of death issue.

I did try the LG service centre and since i was a couple of months past the warranty, their "policy" was to suggest shipping the phone at my expense to their Texas repair centre and then see if they are able to repair it. They claim that they are unaware of any issues with the phone. When I mentioned that all they had to do was google it, they again refer to their policy. I would have sent it in to get it repaired but they couldn't give me a ballpark figure on how much it would cost. So i grudgingly filed for the insurance claim.

It's possible that this phone won't have the defect but if I wasn't locked into a plan, I would definitely avoid getting another LG.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
According to what I researched about it... Appear to be an issue with the first LG G3 made in 2014. My G3 was built in March 2015 and does not have the defect.

Last edited:

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me. Called lg and they are going to repair under warranty (UK) I bought it early November 2014

ginger s

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me today - I did the update this morning on my phone, and immediately following the update my phone started going crazy... Now I get the blue screen and can't get it to boot back up.

Is there any way to recover the photos/data that was on my phone?? :( This sucks..

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
This just happened to me today - I did the update this morning on my phone, and immediately following the update my phone started going crazy... Now I get the blue screen and can't get it to boot back up.

Is there any way to recover the photos/data that was on my phone?? :( This sucks..

Unfortunately, the phone is bricked when this happens. See my 1st post in this thread. If your photos were on the external SD card, youre saved. But if you had any saved to the internal hard drive, you're not in a good place.

alexandrapoe

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
My phone is acting up when i turn it on my phone try's to turn on but it turns blue right away and it keeps on doing that but by the last time i try to turn my phone on it wont do anything it stay's off, Ive never dropped it in water or anything like that it's never touched water, I don't know what to do can anyone help me please?:(:'(

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
edit: I've got this issue too now. This trick below does not help at all.

It doesn't look like it's related, but you could give this a shot (more info):
LG G3 paper trick.jpg

Last edited:

OM80sMan

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Same has happened with me. I was getting the blue screen once in a while and I kept thinking it was one of the apps. I did not pay attention or I would have taken a backup on the SD card "in preparation of the impending disaster". Now, I cannot go beyond the failed boot.

Mine is a through Verizon bought in Oct 2014. So, it looks like LG G3 has a life of max 18 months.

Last edited:

abcarlson_33

May 30, 2016
Visit site
LG has no concern about customer care. They won't even acknowledge the situation.
Here is my conversation with their robot, I mean "helpful representative"

3:54 PM Rizza: Hello Anna. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
3:55 PM Rizza: Hi anna
3:56 PM Anna: My phone turns on and after the LG screen turns blue. Sometimes I can have it on for a couple of seconds but it always fades to blue.
3:58 PM Rizza: Im willing to help as much as I can and let me see if what I can do for you.
3:58 PM Rizza: Lets perform some simple troubleshooting steps to see if this issue can be resolved here. Is there any error messages?
3:58 PM Anna: No there is no error message. I have checked some forums and this seems to be a problem with the phone
4:00 PM Rizza: I see.
4:00 PM Rizza: Have you tried to charge your device in to different sources of power and outlets?
4:01 PM Anna: Yes. I have tried everything. I can't paste the page I found here
4:02 PM Rizza: Great!
4:02 PM Rizza: Have you tried to remove your battery and back cover and re insert after. 5-10 mins.?
4:03 PM Anna: I haven't waited 5-10 minutes but I don't believe that will resolve the issue. Have you looked at any forums online about this phone flickering to blue
4:04 PM Rizza: That's fine.
4:05 PM Rizza: Have you tried to perform a factory reset?
4:05 PM Anna: This seems to be a well known problem with the first model which I have
4:05 PM Anna: yes I have tried factory reset
4:05 PM Rizza: Okay
4:06 PM Rizza: May I have your IMEI number to check if your still in warranty?
4:06 PM Anna: I went through everything with AT&T they knew of the problem
4:07 PM Anna: ***************
4:07 PM Rizza: Thanks!
4:08 PM Rizza: Alright! Since we've exhausted all the TS steps and still your unit is not working, let me give you options on how we can resolve this since your unit is out of the manufacturers warranty.
4:08 PM Rizza: First option is that we can send your unit to our repair facility and have it checked - Altough the downside of sending it is the repair may take up to 7-9 business days, we can then be assured that it's going to be checked by a certified LG tech and they're going to run some test before sending it back to you to make sure you're going to get in good condition.
4:08 PM Rizza: Second option is for you to contact your point of sales to check for possible options of replacements.
4:11 PM Anna: I have already spoken with AT&T and they said it was your problem. As this is known to be a problem with your software I don't believe I should have to go through more hassle. Both of my kids and myself had this phone and none of them have made it through a year. I want a new phone sent to me
4:12 PM Rizza: I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused.
4:12 PM Rizza: Would you like me to file a ticket request for you now?
4:13 PM Anna: Please don't give me the lines out of your book, just get me a new phone
4:13 PM Anna: or a manager
4:15 PM Rizza: Sure you can contact our supervisor to our direct line at 1-800-793-8896. They are available form 10:00am- 7:00pm CST.
4:15 PM Rizza: Do you have any questions?
4:15 PM Anna: That's great IF I HAD A PHONE
4:16 PM Rizza: So may I know what is your decision now?
4:17 PM Anna: I would like a new phone or a manager
4:17 PM Anna: The internet, AT&T, everyone know's this is a problem with this phone. I don't know what the problem is
4:17 PM Rizza: You can contact our manager to our direct lien to hear your voice personal
4:17 PM Rizza: *line
4:18 PM Anna: I DON'T HAVE A PHONE
4:18 PM Rizza: unfortunately, we can provide a certified like- new phone only.
4:19 PM Anna: Does it work? Cause I'm fine with that
4:19 PM Rizza: yes
4:19 PM Rizza: is it a deal or no deal?
4:19 PM Anna: Then send me that
4:20 PM Rizza: But you need to send in first your device in our facility first for further assessment.
4:22 PM Rizza: Would you like me to file a ticket request for you now?
4:22 PM Anna: So I have to wait for my phone to get to you, then wait for someone to look at it and then what, a few weeks and I'll get a new used phone?
4:23 PM Rizza: Yes
4:23 PM Rizza: Yes it is
4:24 PM Anna: How is that fair? How is that good customer service?
4:25 PM Rizza: I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused.
4:26 PM Rizza: I would be upset as well if I were experiencing your situation.
4:26 PM Anna: I might as well be talking to a robot with all the pre written lines you are giving me
4:27 PM Rizza: No Im not a robot.
4:27 PM Rizza: im so sorry if you feel that ay Anna.
4:27 PM Rizza: *way
4:27 PM Rizza: I didn't mean that
4:27 PM Anna: Well you sure sound like that.
4:27 PM Rizza: We can file a repair authorization here,
4:28 PM Rizza: I m so sorry to hear that
4:30 PM Rizza: What is your decision now?
4:30 PM Anna: You aren't helping, this whole conversation is going to be posted on line and your company is going on blast. I will never buy one of your products again as will none of my family and friends
4:31 PM Rizza: I really apologize that you are having this problem.
4:31 PM Rizza: Please give me a second chance to assist you with this,
4:34 PM Rizza: Are you still there?
4:34 PM Anna: yes
4:35 PM Rizza: Would you like to sen din your device for the replacement or contact our supervisor?
4:35 PM Rizza: *send in
4:37 PM Anna: Didn't we already go through this?
4:37 PM Rizza: Yes, but you didn't answer my question.
4:38 PM Rizza: But since you don't have a phone. Would you like to file a request ticket for the repair or phone replacement?
4:43 PM Anna: I believe I did when I said it wasn't fair for me to have to wait for the whole process of mailing and waiting to possibly get a used phone in return. I have lost precious memorys I have on my phone, pictures and messages I can never get back. Buisneness notes etc. This is a known problem with your product. This should not be an inconvenience to me anymore than it already has been. I also mentioned twice that I have no way to contact a manager because I have no phone
4:44 PM Rizza: That must be a very frustrating situation to be in.
4:44 PM Rizza: So lets proceed to go on option number 1
4:44 PM Rizza: ?
4:47 PM Anna: So either you aren't really listening or you are a robot. You aren't offering any acceptable solutions (all 2 of them).
4:49 PM Rizza: Once again Im so sorry if those options are not helpful for you. I heop you will forgive me
4:49 PM Rizza: *hope
4:50 PM Rizza: Anything else?
4:50 PM Anna: I hope you see this on the web

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Ha! So, I put the motherboard in in the oven at 180°C (356 F) for 10 minutes and it's working again!
Still, the Oneplus 3 is going to be a nice replacement.

IMG_20160623_213948.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800