New LG G3 has "No Service" even with Sim card inserted?

rayran cho

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I know my Sim card is working because it worked with my other phone. I did not update to Lollipop because of all of the glitches and bugs that have been around. I just got this phone brand new a few days ago and realized that I couldn't make any calls/texts. Oh yeah, I am getting 5 bars of signal. This is a T-mobile LG G3

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I used a SIM card out of my NEXUS 4 in my G3 and as soon as I updated to Lollipop it had serious issues connecting to the Tmo network. After several calls to them, I finally got someone who sounded like he knew what he was talking about and the first thing he asked if it was a new SIM. He said to go have a new one put in at one of their stores and it has been pretty flawless eve since. Might be worth a try.

draskome

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I know my Sim card is working because it worked with my other phone. I did not update to Lollipop because of all of the glitches and bugs that have been around. I just got this phone brand new a few days ago and realized that I couldn't make any calls/texts. Oh yeah, I am getting 5 bars of signal. This is a T-mobile LG G3

Are you sure that your phone is not locked to some other network? In that case, you wouuld be unable to use it on T-mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

garya73

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings, about phone. The phone name should tell you what version you have. You might also have to go into hardware info.

VS985 is Verizon.
D850 is AT&T
D851 is T-Mobile
LS990 is Sprint
US990 is US Cellular
D855 is international
AS985 regional US carriers

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but there is no way to change phone's IMEI...if you bought it second hand you need to connect with whom you bought if from...you need to return it and get your money back or a new phone.

G3 D850

lokesh parthiban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
When the service is disabled in LG G3 mobile :
This might be mostly because network mode might have been changed in your mobile.

Observations :
1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
2.download the app by curvefish
3.install the app
4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
6. That's it :D just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!

YASSINE13

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
hi ca goes well I want remerci you for your help ja ve the problem of serevic desactivier on my lg ls 990 and the net is serfent I find a case that racemble my problem and I issier the soulition is ca marche I told you said thank you or fand of my heart thank you

Sadi Dogar

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
When the service is disabled in LG G3 mobile :
This might be mostly because network mode might have been changed in your mobile.

Observations :
1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
2.download the app by curvefish
3.install the app
4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
6. That's it :D just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!

that reaLLy wOrkS Bro... 👍

Baz321

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Lokesh Parthiban............Re 2G-3G ONOFF widget...... After two days of Googling & trying everything including cleaning the sim card slot pins, a factory reset, trying the sim card in other phones to see if it was faulty, looking for cheap unlocking codes (sometimes it said the phone was network locked). I had despaired of finding a solution & was going to buy another phone & sell my LG G3 on Ebay for repairs or spares.............This fix works!!! Just opened the widget & left the network mode setting as was ie 'GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto' turned off & switched back on & the sim card was immediately recognised . Your a hero :)

bandile dlongolo

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site

No net wek..i do get thr bars bt cant read sim card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol