How to make Textra send pics and MMS on LG G3

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Herein lies the answer!

I don't think the messenger app can be disabled in any android because (from what i've heard) it's the backend for 3rd party messenger apps. If you disable it, chomp and handcent etc wouldn't work either.

If you've disabled notifications in stock messenger app then i can't think why you should still be getting them. I'm using chomp too and i have my notifications switched off in stock, so i'm only getting notifications from chomp.
I guess it must be network related

Since you can't disable the stock mesaging app that comes on the LG G3, you have to treat it as part of a 3rd party app ie: Textra.
If you're having problems sending MMS pictures with Textra on the LG G3:
First make the stock messaging app your default app then in the stock messaging app, go into SETTINGS>NOTIFICATION SETTINGS>uncheck the NOTIFICATIONS - Display new message notifications box.
Go back to Textra and make it your default messaging app when it asks you and it will now send pictures!
See screenshots:
Screenshot_2015-09-27-08-29-28.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-27-08-29-35.jpg

This drove me crazy for 72 hours until I pieced these clues together. Hope it helps!

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, FYI, this worked on MY LG G3 but not on my wife's. I have worked on this for three days straight and my conclusion is, Textra doesn't work on LG G3's.
Will just stick to the stock app. Textra is just way too much trouble.
Uninstalling..............

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Textra worked well on my AT&T LG G3. Main reason I started using Textra was that it automatically reduced pix to well under 1 MB so they would go out when connected to my microcell (AT&T microcell would not process MMS over 1 MB). Main reasons I stopped using Textra was that it didn't have the delay-send feature that the native texting app had, I kept getting unwanted texts from Textra asking me to tell the world how great they are, and my Norton Mobile Security cited Textra as questionable for all the permissions it required.

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Google Messenger works in the exact same fashion........................doesn't send pics!
Man, I wish someone could come up with a solution to this.
I have an LG G3 D855 international phone on Straight Talk.

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I not sure about straight talk. Have you gone in and looked at the apn settings within the textra app settings? sometimes it may not reflect what the phone's settings are.

Posted via the Android Central App

BohoChic

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Herein lies the answer!

Since you can't disable the stock mesaging app that comes on the LG G3, you have to treat it as part of a 3rd party app ie: Textra.
If you're having problems sending MMS pictures with Textra on the LG G3:
First make the stock messaging app your default app then in the stock messaging app, go into SETTINGS>NOTIFICATION SETTINGS>uncheck the NOTIFICATIONS - Display new message notifications box.
Go back to Textra and make it your default messaging app when it asks you and it will now send pictures!
See screenshots:
View attachment 198699

View attachment 198700

This drove me crazy for 72 hours until I pieced these clues together. Hope it helps!

Aaahhhh! If I could kiss you I would! I have tried just about everything else out there to get my Textra mms to work and in one last futile attempt, I figured I'd give it a try, watch it not work, and finally throw up the white surrender flag... But it worked! Immediately! Awesomeness!! Thank you so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz