Hows the battery life?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Well after a reset the battery life is a lot better but still not great compared to my Z2.

The workaround I've found is I have two batteries if I'm out away from a charger for the day I take both batteries.
In normal day to day I have a wireless charging pad on my desk at work so I rest it on there when I don't need it which helps keep it topped up during the day at work.
I charge fully via USB cable overnight.

My thoughts are if my phone is on charge 80% of the day I shouldn't have battery life problems ;)

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Mmm...the Z2 has what kind of screen/size?
I think your right it's just better to take an extra battery with you..that's one of the great things about this phone.

G3 D850

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well after a reset the battery life is a lot better but still not great compared to my Z2.

The workaround I've found is I have two batteries if I'm out away from a charger for the day I take both batteries.
In normal day to day I have a wireless charging pad on my desk at work so I rest it on there when I don't need it which helps keep it topped up during the day at work.
I charge fully via USB cable overnight.

My thoughts are if my phone is on charge 80% of the day I shouldn't have battery life problems ;)

The Z2 has a smaller screen, smaller resolution and a larger battery than the G3. Why are you expecting it to get less battery life?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't expect the G3 to have better battery life than the Z2.
Sony's phones are renowned for their battery life (when they say two days out of a charge on the Z3 they aren't lying and the Z2 wasn't a million miles behind.)
I was just a bit surprised at how much the screen hits battery life on the G3.
Even on 30% brightness which is a bit less then I'd normally like to use day to day, there's no way around it really, if you fire up the G3 screen the battery goes.. and fast in my experience.

Luckily as said earlier, wireless charging and replaceable batteries makes up for it somewhat and makes even the G3 battery life manageable.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to hear how can that be achieved with the stock rom..
I guess you mean I should update to the latest version?

by the way, a friend of mine did a test for me -
On 100% brightness, a 1:30 hour movie took only 15% perfect of the battery...

Means, reaching 1:30 hour SOT for only 15% (predicting it to be 10% - 1 hour SOT), which is quite weird, as you guys are saying you only got 3 to 4 hours...

Don't compare movies with browsing the internet :)

Posted from LG G3

janns20

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
It's terrible. In fact mine is so bad it won't even charge. I'm so disgusted with these cheap phones. I need my phone and now I have to take time to take it to the ATT Warranty store. Apparently if it drains all the way down it will not recharge no matter if you use the factory charger, another charger or anything else. Come on Android make this right with your consumer's!!!! My phone is less than 6 months old and this is what I get? Yes I'm furious because I don't have time to play Reindeer games with phones!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I bet you are not on stock rom Lolipop?
It is a stock-based firmware called Cloudy G3. I would venture you could get close to these numbers with some effort.
It's terrible. In fact mine is so bad it won't even charge. I'm so disgusted with these cheap phones. I need my phone and now I have to take time to take it to the ATT Warranty store. Apparently if it drains all the way down it will not recharge no matter if you use the factory charger, another charger or anything else. Come on Android make this right with your consumer's!!!! My phone is less than 6 months old and this is what I get? Yes I'm furious because I don't have time to play Reindeer games with phones!
Sounds like your battery is bad. This can happen with all phones, and you're kind of lucky it happened with one that has a removable one.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would love to hear how I can get near those numbers in the stock one :)

Start by using an application like Lux to modify how your phone is dimming the screen. This will help reduce needless brightness that wastes the most battery.

Pair that with an application called Greenify and add some obvious things to the Greenify profile like Google Play, Facebook, etc. These will keep alarms and wakelocks down.

If you are experiencing a high % idle drain, your phone is likely not going into deep sleep which wastes tons of battery over a day's time.

Good luck.

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
What kind of settings do you guys use with those battery monitor apps?

I have Clean Master which I like, but something to tweak or adjust settings themselves wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I don't root my phone but will take any advice, suggestions, etc I can get as well as getting a 2nd battery.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
But greenify under un-rooted phone is not so useful, as I have to click "hibernate" every time..

Perhaps you should look into rooting your phone?

What kind of settings do you guys use with those battery monitor apps?

I have Clean Master which I like, but something to tweak or adjust settings themselves wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I don't root my phone but will take any advice, suggestions, etc I can get as well as getting a 2nd battery.

Uninstall all of those apps. The only ones you should have are actual monitoring apps like GSam that truly just monitor and don't try and "clean your memory" and save you battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon