LG G3 - WiFi and Bluetooth won't turn on, why?

A

AC Question

LG G3 - WiFi and Bluetooth won't turn on

Hi All,

The WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities on my LG G3 phone randomly stopped working yesterday and both connections won't turn on. I have tried to enable both connections, but the phone either lags out or does not recognize the command. This isn't the problem of the LG G3 not recognizing networks or finding Bluetooth devices, but both connections won't even enable.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? I've tried factory resetting and that did not remove the issue at all.

Thank you!

Deer1ng

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G3 - WiFi and Bluetooth won't turn on

Hi,

Exactly the same thing here. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth randomly stopped working and seem to be on an endless loop trying to connect, destroying my battery.

I am with Vodafone, I am also getting endless messages through advising that 'it looks like I've changed my sim' and giving me update txts.

I've not updated updated anything recently either which I know can often be the cause of these things.

It's driving me insane.

Pat Kerby

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Mine did the same thing for almost a month, I had to restart the phone 3 times and then I called Verizon 1-800-922-0204 and got the tech support to document it......then after the 3rd time I called them they had me call LG and they wanted me to send my phone into them for 3-5days! I didn't cause I need it for work......then I got the Android update 5.1.1 now it works!

Posted via the Android Central App

jan124chen

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi All,

The WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities on my LG G3 phone randomly stopped working yesterday and both connections won't turn on. I have tried to enable both connections, but the phone either lags out or does not recognize the command. This isn't the problem of the LG G3 not recognizing networks or finding Bluetooth devices, but both connections won't even enable.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? I've tried factory resetting and that did not remove the issue at all.

Thank you!

Hi guys,

I had the same problem. After i had searched over the internet, i found out it might be a hardware problem.

The main problem is that the LG G3 wants to open bluetooth andwifi at the same time.

How to fix it?
Reboot your phone, and press volume down until your phone is in safe mode.
Now go to settings and turn off bluetooth.
Turn on your wifi.
Turn off safety mode and reboot your phone.

Cheers.

Regards,

Jan

Nadav Goldstein1

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi... Safe mode didn't sort it up. Still doesn't let me turn on or off the BT or Wifi... just trying to connect them both together (sometimes it appear that its trying to get only the Wifi on... and still doesn't success to do so)

so disappointing... i'm traveling in Sout-East Asia right now and if i wont be able to solve this problem ill have to buy a new phone... (i'm writing this from a freaking internet cafe......)

:(

Woody Collins

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I like your solution, buy a new phone! I am traveling in DR Congo and I can turn on the wifi. And I suspect the BT is not working either since I can't see my phone with my laptop.

adamS82

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys i can see this problem is on lg only or mostly on Lg, i have my Lg v10 i updated to 6.0 a month ago and just few days ago my wifi and Bt stops working looks like is something wrong with the software or with the module, i try to do hard reset (few times) and nothing anyone know how to manually downgrade software to lolipop? I think maybe this is the issue.

RichardsonVix

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
It´s a software or hardware problem?

The solution using "safe mode" works fine?

Another option to test is downgrade (ou upgrade) Android version to correct with correct modem driver.

brysclar

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a D850 with the same problem. I spent hours researching and tried every software solution I could find. Nothing worked. I put a new battery in it today, and WiFi and Bluetooth turned right on. Root cause could be as simple as a bad battery. Give it a shot. Worked for me.

Stanley Cheung

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Got the same problem here. Refering to another forum discussing this issue, this problem has nothing to do with software. It's a totally hardware problem: the chips for BT/wifi! My solution is, after reading....
[Q&A] WiFi stuck on turning on; MAC 02:00:00:00:00:00; G2 G3 G4 G5 Nexus5 Nexus 7 etc
putting some paper card directly on the chips responsible for wifi and bt functions, in order to apply some pressure on the chips. Your can locate the chips by reading the service manual of LG D855.:D

STOIL

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
I found solution for this.Open the phone and locate the chip for wifi,bluetoth.You mast have heat gun.Set the temperature in 250 and heating the chip for 2 minute and pres the chip bot not verry strong to motherboard.Leave for 5 minute and testing.Everything working again for me.Also you can ad termopaste in procesor for good cooling

LG-G3-Disassembly-10.jpg

Atira81

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site

I also have the same problems here....no matter what i tried and do....it doesnt work....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar