Verizon G3 to Cricket Wireless

k9cousin

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
I recently migrated my G3 from Verizon to Cricket. My voice and text seem to be working fine but I am unable to access the internet at all. My understanding is that the phone is in fact unlocked. Could this be a bandwidth issue? The device is set on Global mode and have tried all the other options. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I am reluctant to call Cricket support because they are complete idiots and I cannot waste an entire night on the phone with them to get nowhere. Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your G3 is likely a CDMA model as it is from Verizon (Verizon is/was CDMA), Cricket runs on AT&T's network. While phone calls may work, this is why data won't.

k9cousin

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hallux thanks for your reply. In my settings tab there are options for mobile networks.
Global
LTE/CDMA
LTE/GSM/UMTS
So.....I guess I need to get another device?
I love my G3. The phones cricket offers are limited. What other options might I have? Any GSM phone? Thanks

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hallux thanks for your reply. In my settings tab there are options for mobile networks.
Global
LTE/CDMA
LTE/GSM/UMTS
So.....I guess I need to get another device?
I love my G3. The phones cricket offers are limited. What other options might I have? Any GSM phone? Thanks

My buddy just switched to cricket and got the LG Stylus which is very similar to the G3 with just obvious lesser specs.... . 2gigs of ram instead of 3, mid range processor, less pixel depth, etc... The camera is amazing for a budget device.

I believe it was 99 or 149 out the door. I ran it side by side with my G3 and was impressed by its real world functionality. I'd give it a go if you are still interested in something affordable that will give you a G3 like experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

k9cousin

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for All the replies gang. Well, I set my APN for Cricket wirelesss and curious what any negative issues users are having with their G3? My Voice calls etc seems to be real good but having connectivity issues online. Not sure if it's the G3 or the network I'm on.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for All the replies gang. Well, I set my APN for Cricket wirelesss and curious what any negative issues users are having with their G3? My Voice calls etc seems to be real good but having connectivity issues online. Not sure if it's the G3 or the network I'm on.

The VS985 (Verizon G3) will only work with 2G and 4G LTE bands on Cricket. It does not have the bands for 3G.

This would explain your connection issues.