I didn't do anything different on it last night but when I woke up this morning there was a pin set to my phone. It said I had 10 tries, well I use the same 2 pins for everything my whole life, and I have the same 3 passwords for everything as well. I've tried all of them and nothing has worked, I'm down to 1 try left and it gave me a warning it will erase my phone if I fail. I do have my work email on my phone which did require me to set a password in the beginning, but once I was done getting what I needed from it I deactivated the email from my phone so I could take the password off. I haven't used the email for about a month now and the pin I used for it isn't working anyway. Also when I did have that pin set to it the screen looked different than what it looks now, now its just my normal background with a text box for the password in it.

I am out of ideas and I DO NOT want to go through resetting my phone. I have nothing else on this thing that requires a password and no idea why it would activate on its own.
    10-27-2015 11:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure how a PIN could suddenly be required, unless the phone had a major software glitch. You didn't encrypt it or anything, did you?
    10-27-2015 11:18 AM
    Hello (just made an actual account, this is my question)
    No its just standard, I havent done anything special to it like rooting or anything like that.
    10-27-2015 11:44 AM
    Well it would still be nice to know WHY my phone did this and how to fix it in case it happens to someone else. But I tried the lock phone feature on android manager to change the password... Adding a contact number and statement text worked but obviously the password didnt reset because when I tried it it cleared my phone. Extremely irritated right now
    10-27-2015 02:04 PM
    Do you mean it wiped the phone?
    10-27-2015 05:13 PM