LG G3 Media and Mediaserver Battery Draining, What Do I Move?

Delawareduff

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Lg G3 Media and Mediaserver Battery Draining

Ever since I installed the 5.1 update ,media and mediaserver are draining my battery at a ridiculous rate ! They get up to 70% battery drain ,i've done the reset and removed and formatted thesd card only to have them return and start again. Any ideas or can I remove the update ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G3 Media and Mediaserver Battery Draining

Does it actually happen if the SD card is kept out? Or are you reinserting the same card after formatting? If the card is defective, formatting it might not help. Or if there's a corrupt file you keep putting back on the card, that might be what's triggering the drain (since it's causing the system's Media Scanner to hang up while scanning it).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, a media file on Internal Storage might be the culprit. This may be tedious, but you could try copying all of your media files (photos, videos, music) from the phone to your computer (via USB, using Windows Explorer), then delete all of those files on the phone.

Delawareduff

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've done all that and did a reset,it still comes back and starts draining again. I think I'm just going to root and go back to stock firmware. That one update ruined this phone ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1