Stock LG G3 Boot Loop

Knottyboy2k

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Good Afternoon,

So my lovely LG G3 started randomly restarting a few weeks ago after an update. The last few days it sits in an infinite boot loop. I've googled the issue and it seems quite common as of late (perhaps to do with the last update). The first few hits lead to this forum so I thought I might see if anyone succeeded in rectifying the issue. The phone will boot if I keep the power plugged in to the mains (not usb to PC).

Further information / what I've tried:

- Phone is completely stock, never rooted or had a custom rom on it.
- I uninstalled every third party app.
- I reset the phone to factory default settings from the standard setting menu on the phone.
- I reset the phone to factory default settings from the "Factory Reset" menu from boot (power + vol down).
- I tried stopping certain services mentioned in other posts with no joy though.
- Sticking some thin cardboard to push the battery better in place (doubt this is the issue fits quite snug anyways).
- I have ordered a new battery but I severely doubt it's the battery as to test this I have left the phone on factory reset menu for about 40 minutes now and it's not rebooted yet.

From the above I think it's a software issue (as it doesn't reboot when left in factory reset mode) however I'm not 100% sure. Would a custom rom help here (does it over write the boot sector, or am I just being stupid here).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Knotty.

Knottyboy2k

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend flashing back to Stock using the KDZ or TOT method shown here:
This is what us flashers do when we mess something up or need to send the phone in for warranty repairs. Good luck.

Yeah did some more research and tried this but no joy, thanks for the suggestion.

New battery should arrive today / tomorrow so will have to see if that helps. However seems like a software issue as why would it stay on when in the hard reset mode?

Going to see if the LG suite can help.

There seems to be a few users on here with this boot loop issue (on stock LG G3), anyone solved it at all?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah did some more research and tried this but no joy, thanks for the suggestion.

New battery should arrive today / tomorrow so will have to see if that helps. However seems like a software issue as why would it stay on when in the hard reset mode?

Going to see if the LG suite can help.

There seems to be a few users on here with this boot loop issue (on stock LG G3), anyone solved it at all?

A new battery could help. Those batteries are used differently when the system comes fully up so it could still be hardware.

Flashing back to stock is the best way to rule out software issues (although not 100% eliminate).

dvd15

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the reboot issue with my LG G3. I noticed that it stops doing it when I connect it to the charger. Thought that this could be battery problem .Got a new battery and that has resolved the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy