What's a fair price for an LG G3 right now?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am going to upgrade to a different phone and I will be selling my LG G3 with all of the accessories. It's the 32GB model. I have an acquaintance who might be interested but I'm not sure what a "fair price" is for this phone right now? It's unlocked but it was on AT&T.

I don't consider eBay a good source for pricing because the used ones seem to vary widely in price.

I posted this on the tail end of a post here where the guy asked about value but he didn't specify whether or not his was unlocked. Never got another reply. He said he paid $200. Is that a good price to sell at?

Obviously, I want to get the most possible but not screw over this guy. If he backs out, I'll go the eBay route. Still would help to hear from you guys first.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. It's a been a great phone but I'm just fed up with AT&T's incredibly slow update process.... who knows if they will ever update it again. Going Nexus.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's of any help, the 16gb version, unlocked, has been available for £199 from Argos UK of late. When the phone was new here, it cost £479.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If it's of any help, the 16gb version, unlocked, has been available for £199 from Argos UK of late. When the phone was new here, it cost £479.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the U.S. and it's hard to gauge how that would convert into a U.S. market. That converts to $300. Is that a price as new?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I realise that converting is difficult, but they're asking much less than half the typical price of the phone as it was when new here in about June 2014....in fact I think the Argos new price was originally £529 rather than the £479 I paid for it at Carphone Warehouse. It's alarming how much prices can drop a year or so down the line. I imagine it must be the same in the US.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's alarming how much prices can drop a year or so down the line. I imagine it must be the same in the US.

It's the same here. Even the highest eBay price is still less than half of what I paid. I didn't expect the price to plummet like it did. I feel kind of screwed in terms of resale value. :(

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I prefer to use swappa.com as a price guide. I also prefer to buy and sell through that site. Check it out for current sale prices. Sellers also don't get soaked with fees as they would on eBay, flat $10 paid in transaction.

cerebellio

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a new G3 for £175 on eBay. As far as I can see, prices have tumbled since the G4 released.

Posted via the Android Central App