LG G3-alarm sometimes only works as soon as I open my flipcase

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody!

The stock alarm-clock of my LG G3 shows a quite strange behavior. Let’s say I set my alarm to wake me up on 09:19 a.m. like I did this morning. At 09:21 a.m. I recognized that the alarm didn’t go off. So I hold the phone in my hands – but still no alarm (so: shaking didn’t help at all). Only when I open my flip-case, the alarm goes off – but in this case 2 minutes too late. This happens one or two times a week. Apart from that my alarm-clock wakes me up to the correct times.

Those are the alarm-related settings on my phone:

- Snooze-standard-time is 5 minutes
- Gesture “stop alarm or snooze” is active (if I turn the phone for 180 degrees, the alarm snoozes for another 5 minutes)
- Quick-circle-case and all the settings that go with it are inactive

The question now is: Why does the alarm sometimes only start as soon as I open my flip-case and is silent when it is closed?

I am looking forward to your answers

P.s.: sorry for the double-post in the Q&A-section ... didn't recognize I was not logged-in :)

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi :)

I don't really know. I mean the only thing I "do" before I go sleeping is to put the phone into airplane mode. But sound etc. is still active. There are also no interruption-settings which I have to allow. Everything quite standard. In the status bar at night there is the alarm-symbol, then the symbol of the airplane mode, the remaining battery and the current time. That's all :)

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I have this option - but it is completely deactivated. Moreover, I can only set the time the battery saver will be active. I don't have the settings for how the system tries to save energy (wifi, auto-sync, ... ). I have just a global "active" or "inactive" switch. But finally - it can't be the battery saver since it is not active :)

ws4590

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Most likely thinks that the phone is face down because of the cover over the screen and sensors.

Posted via the Android Central App

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Good idea. I have never tried safe mode. I will check this. At the moment I disabled the gesture to snooze or disable the alarm - according to the thoughts of ws4590 it may be that the sensors misinterpret something when the flip case is closed. If the problem is still there, I will check the safe-mode thing. But - just to complete all of the possible solutions - other users can still contribute. Perhaps the "definite" solution is out there if it is not the sensor-thing :) We'll see :)

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, let's see if it works. Is is now two mornings where everything worked perfect. Let's wait for the third morning. I will tell you how things worked :)