I've been having an issue with some texts recently where they come across as Not Downloaded. I click on them to download again, but they never seem to come through. It only seems to be an issue with Group texts. I had been using Hangouts, but I switched over to Google Messenger to see if that made a difference. I received 3 texts from the same person today within the a group and all 3 failed. I restarted and was able to finally get 2 to download, but the 3rd keeps failing. Strange thing is that the 3 texts that failed showed up under my the listing for just this user, but when the 2 finally downloaded, they showed up in the group text which us what I know he was responding to. Any ideas?
    01-26-2016 10:11 AM
    Perhaps some help here: https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6211316?hl=en

[edit]
    just wanted to add: yes, I know it is the Project Fi support site, but most of the suggestions should apply no matter who the carrier is
    01-26-2016 10:47 AM
    I'm so glad to know it's not just me! I have a Moto G3 and was using Hangouts as my primary texting app. I started having issues sending/receiving MMS messages about a week ago. Today I decided to try Messenger instead to see if that would help.. no luck. I've confirmed that Hangouts is no longer my default app, confirmed that auto-retrieve for MMS is ON in Messenger, restarted my phone.. nothing. This is incredibly irritating!
    02-02-2016 07:43 PM
    Same problem here. it's sporadic, happens via both wifi and cell, can't pin down any pattern to it. Checked all the steps in the attached link, no help. I've even disabled hangouts. Restarting phone (and why isn't that an option anymore, I hate having to power off then have to power up as a separate step).

Surprised to not see more posts on this issue, it's been happening for me for weeks or longer.

Nexus 6p on Verizon, 6.0.1, MMB29P build (hoped last build update would fix, to no avail), phone not hacked or rooted in any way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-03-2016 08:06 AM
    Forgot to report back in after I tried the steps posted by N4Nebie. All my settings were correct. I had just switched from Hangouts to Messenger around this time, but have had the problem with Hangouts in the past, just not as frequent. I have gone back and forth between both and still have had the problem, so I don't think its an issue with a specific app. Funny enough, I have had more success getting ones that failed to download using the LG Messaging app than anything else. The other day I had 4 that failed to download, all from the same group and switching to that app allowed me to get 2 of them to download. So frustrating.
    BTW, I am on ATT running 5.0.1.
    02-03-2016 11:51 AM
    Is anyone aware of a way to report this to Google, if it hasn't been already?? I really like the rest of the app but this issue is too big to ignore. If they don't fix it soon I'll have to find something else.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2016 05:53 AM
    Anyone know if they is a software, hardware or carrier issue. Not sure who I should be pissed at.
    02-08-2016 10:51 AM
    Is a Factory Reset my best bet at this point? So sick of this issue.
    02-16-2016 10:22 AM