LG G3 won't play videos?

A

AC Question

lg g3 wont play videos?

I have had my lg g3 for almost a year. I've never had any problems with it before but now it won't play any of the videos in my storage. I have everything saved to a memory card and the videos have been taken over the years with different phones. Today I took one of my daughter and went to show it to her dad and it popped up with a black screen with the play and rewind/fast forward buttons at the bottom and in the middle of the screen or says can't play video. Its like that for every video on my phone. I can still watch videos on youtube, netflix, facebook. Just not the ones saved to my phone. I can still view all of the pictures and screenshots and can even see the thumbprint image of the video. I've turned my phone off and back on, taken the memory card out and put it back in. If anyone knows how to fix it I'd greatly appreciate any help

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: lg g3 wont play videos?

Hi, that's unusual for videos to just stop playing - it sounds like it could be a fault with the memory card. Have you considered taking the card out, plugging it into a PC and copying the files over, that way you can view them on the PC and back them up at the same time?

You could also try your memory card in another device to see if the videos are playable.

I would also recommend downloading a new video player from the play store to see if that works. MX Player is a good shout.

ptibbits

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
i am having the same problem. it just started within the past week or so after i've had the phone for more than a year. the videos play on mx player, so i suspect it is something with the native video player. any thoughts on how to fix it?

ptibbits

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
going to answer my own question . . . try uninstalling the updates to Google+. it worked for me. i haven't reinstalled the updates yet to see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci