Estrange calls received

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys, I am in the US, for the last two weeks, sometimes I received calls with only three digits on it... Like 017 or 057.... I am like what? I never pick it up because I have not clue what the hell is this. Calls are supposed to have an area code and the phone number. I set also my phone to block anonymous calls. Anyone have these calls as well?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe that they are of the malware phishing telemarketing adware scamming area of things.

ViolinKnits

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
My credit union uses weird numbers, like 1111. I guess some could be legitimate, but a legitimate caller will leave a message if they really want you.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well the thing is that I don't answer calls that I don't recognize. If it's important I am assuming they will left a VM.
It might not be important to them but could be important to you. And you could stop the calls. There's literally no reason to not answer at this point (repeat calls).

Besides, how do people get in touch with you when you don't know their number?

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
It might not be important to them but could be important to you. And you could stop the calls. There's literally no reason to not answer at this point (repeat calls).

Besides, how do people get in touch with you when you don't know their number?
I see it this way... When someone call and it is not from a regular phone number which consist of area code and number and the call is hidden their true phone number it's not a trusted call. In other words the people behind these are not going to offer anything of value to you. Marketing calls are the worst form of calls that you can receive.
And people get in touch with me thru text if I don't know them. I also have hidden blocked calls on. So nobody, even people that I know, if they try to call me with a hidden phone number, they will be screw up.