no flashlight in 6.0?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 6, a flashlight was added to the quick settings, but doesn't appear to be an option on the G3?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rubeni Alimasi

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you still on Lollipop on your G3? Probably yes since there hasn't been an update for the G3. The G3 will have the flashlight option when it has the Marshmallow update.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
You can turn it on with voice control. Also try an app called keyplus. I used it to turn volume up button to turn on flashlight with screen off.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you still on Lollipop on your G3? Probably yes since there hasn't been an update for the G3. The G3 will have the flashlight option when it has the Marshmallow update.

I did update to 6.0, and do not see a flashlight option

MarcoPoloe

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I don't see it either. Kinda really bummed about that cause it would be nice to not have to download a suspicious app and saying "OK Google, turn on my flashlight" is a lame way to have to access something that is baked into the OS.

I'm otherwise happy with the update.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and my Marshmallow update did not install a Flashlight in the notification panel, but it is in the section of widgets. But thanks for prompting me to check/edit my Notification panel. When I updated to Marshmallow, my Volume control disappeared from my notification panel; editing my Notification panel, I noticed the check mark to put it back on! I never have to touch my buttons on the back again!

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure, but go to the far right and see if there is an edit button. There may be some additional functions,like flashlight, that can be selected.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Not sure, but go to the far right and see if there is an edit button. There may be some additional functions,like flashlight, that can be selected.

No flashlight in Quick Settings on my VS985, on either Lollipop or Marshmallow. And launching it with Google Now worked up until a few days ago, now it's telling me I don't have a flashlight.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX