lg g3 robot icon

Poppychard

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I jave 2 robot icons. One was facebook messenger and the other was a image resizer. I cannot uninstal them as when clicking icon it says not installed. I cannot reinstal them as google play says " google play is not working" when i try. It is only happening with these 2 programs in google play. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?
The pic shows the icon im dealing with.
I need to add that this happened because a sd card was removed. The sd card that was removed is no longer useable.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 33110.jpg
    33110.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 25

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the icon showing up in your app list as well? If it's only on your homescreen you should be able to remove the shortcut from those folders. And yeah, removing an SD Card with apps in it will create this kind of havoc.

Poppychard

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Not in the app list. And ive looked in the folder files and cannot find anything relating to these 2 programs. Is there somewhere specific i should look? And yes ive learnt the hard way as regards the sd card. Thanks for replying btw because ive posted in a few forums this last week and nobody seems to know the answer.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's not showing in your app list then just tap and hold on the icon with the robot and drag it to the Delete option. That's usually a 'place holder' for an app shortcut you had and it's no longer available.