Since I got Marshmallow a few weeks ago my G3 has been acting up with all sorts of bugs and issues. It's been extremely irritating and while I don't know for sure it's a Marshmallow issue I do know these issues only began after I upgraded the phone to Marshmallow.

1) My drop down menu screen often pulls itself halfway down for no apparent reason and the only way I can make it go back up is by turning my screen off or hitting the 'back' button.

2) When using apps like Facebook, Tumblr, or when I'm looking in my pic gallery, when I scroll or just place my finger on my screen to select something it's as if I'm long pressing whatever it is I'm touching instead of scrolling or clicking a link etc. Common options for longpressing pop up and I have to hit the back button to make the options go away and it only repeats itself when I try again. The only way to correct this is to not only exit the app but to turn my screen off, then turn back on and reopen the app.

3) If I have my internet browser open and choose to manually exit a window by clicking the square in my upper right hand corner, the page(s) will then of course all appear in a scrolling manner so that I can scroll or 'X' out. But often times my phone freezes up a bit and when I click the 'X' to close a window it will either A) do nothing or B) shove the window up towards the top of the screen while shoving the lower windows down towards the bottom of the screen and that's it. Again my only solution is to turn the phone off, reopen the browser then do what I originally intended.

4) When my screen is off, pressing my main power button or double tapping the screen sometimes just doesn't work and it takes multiple times to make either way work.

Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated!
    03-10-2016 10:06 AM
    Did you do a Factory Reset? I always perform a Factory Reset, using the 'alternate' version. Always backup first!

I am on Verizon so I use Verizon Cloud. You can also back-up to everything about your phone using LG's backup, buried in Settings, Backup and Reset. You'll see LG Backup at top. You can backup to an SD Card.

After Backing up your phone's data, Factory Reset, using the 'alternate' version. Upon reset, I would set up as new phone (not bringing back a potential bad behaving app). Good luck!

Alternate Version Factory Reset:

Ensure the device is power off.
    1. If screen is frozen,*remove/reinsert battery.Press and hold the*Volume Down buttonthen press and hold the*Power button. When the System recovery screen is displayed, release both buttons.Select*Factory data reset.
    2. Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.Select*Yes.
    3. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
    4. To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to*Initial Activation and Setup.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 11:08 AM
    I have not done a factory reset and at this point that is basically my best stab at a remedy. I have the "backup up my data" option selected in my settings. Is this a sufficient backup or do I need to do more? Will this option being selected save my app settings and pictures?

03-13-2016 05:47 PM
    The selection for backing up is for remedial things such as maybe the front wallpaper, your apps that were downloaded from Playstore and things like Wi-Fi settings. It is not your data, such as contacts, music, documents, text messages etc. You need to have a backup strategy for your data.

03-13-2016 09:44 PM
    Hi - Having pretty much same issues since upgrade to Marshmallow. Deeply regretting buyig this phone now. Especially, the blank screen and absolutely no option to do anything other than reboot is the MOST annoying and irritating. Have been cursing Andriod and LG a million times everytime that happens. Worst part is - it happens when I really need to make a call or send text and when I am in urgency.

Though, i see some workarounds posted, is there any real solution from LG/Andriod on this issue?? THis is a critical issue and really surprised that there is no fix till now. Geeks in India should wake up now and fix it...
    06-30-2016 11:36 AM