LG G3 (Problems with Marshmallow 6.0)

Dathorn

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Okay guys, as I can see G3 got some serious problems with 6.0!
I installed this system yesterday, and my G3 goes crazy.
1. Wi - Fi (Auto turn on/off Wi-fi, freezing it most of the time
And/or it says " please uncheck the option of except the scan list, if you want to use the wi-fi service of kt, lg u+ operator" ).

2. Auto power off/on (Restart) System.
It's driving me crazy when it does that. I tryed to put custom rom, but it's unpossible with that Wi-Fi.
You can't open anything on play store or whatever...
I tryed to do back (stock) update to first one, still nothing...

3. It's very laggy, when it makes the problems with wi-fi, it cause the lags.

4. Overheating ofc.

If anyone have solution for this, just tell me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

I think that a Backup & Reset may be indicated.
You could try clearing the Cached Data in Storage first, but I doubt that that will be strong enough medicine.

CosmY98

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Me too , I don't know [language]is with that , lags when I turn on Wi-fi , overheat and my jack audio is still changing my melody when i plug jack in..... :| If these are not solve I go for ASUS , [language] , LG G4 or LG G5 or no LG for me :| :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

pstreck1

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm having same wifi/reboot issues with a G3 on a Verizon mvno. Worked fine until the update. I have run into multiple issues with multiple manufacturers over the years. If somebody can sue Starbucks for putting too much ice in their iced coffee, shouldn't the manufacturers/providers be held responsible for their updates that severely limit or brick a phone?

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Dathorn,

I had the exact same issue(s). The battery didn't connect well causing it to heat up, damage itself (permanently) and rebooting the phone till a point it rebooted every two seconds. Restoring upgrade errors with the LG PC Suite (you can try this too) didn't help. I tried flashing it with a custom ROM to no avail. Then I tried the initial rom from 2014, still no succes. Even when re-upgrading to Marshmallow it had this issue.
Because the power chip on the battery failed somehow, the wifi antenna got to much electrical noise to work continuously. That's the difficult part, I've tried everything for hours and hours.

The easy part: Marsmallow destroyed your battery. Buy a new one, or put a strip between the battery and the SD card like explained here.

Cor

Shaan_igi

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
:D:D i updated lg g3 yesterday and its running fine , before on lilop when opening wifi the heat was there even if the screen was off but on MM i found battery didnt drain much on wifi on and screen off heating is on the lower side too and USB charging was almost none on former but later has better charging management .:cool::cool:

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Why the call app does not close? I was able to do it before, I rebooted the phone and still does not want to close. Very weird.

yostein

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
@the Core: For some people the solution you link to has worked, but unfortunately not for me. I have tried folded paper/piece of credit card etc. For me reboot/battery problem started yesterday - from the first reboot after installing Marshmallow. I therefore - like you - blame the battery destruction on Marshmallow. Have you continued to use Marshmallow with the new battery without problems?
I have "downgraded" to Lollipop (How to Downgrade LG G3 D855 to Lollipop [6.0 to 5.0] - DroidOpinions ) hoping a new battery combined with this "old" ROM will do the trick for me...

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Have you continued to use Marshmallow with the new battery without problems?

Actually I did, until today. Another issue occured, the blue screen error. Anyway, I do have three batteries, including the one with the strip and they all are working fine. If I remove the strip, it's immediately getting into the bootloop afterwards. I hope Lollipop will work for you.

Tauseef Ahmad1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
And/or it says " please uncheck the option of except the scan list, if you want to use the wi-fi service of kt, lg u+ operator" ).

It's driving me crazy when it does that. I tryed to put custom rom, but it's unpossible with that Wi-Fi.

4. Overheating ofc.

I have a solution for all this problem its crazy but it works...

AQEEL HASSAN

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
i m face the s same Problem with g3 vs985 MM
like wifi freezing auto on off auto on off wifi over heat etc
also not installing Verizon upgrade assistant can any buddy help here ???

Smit Gosrani

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Dathorn,

I had the exact same issue(s). The battery didn't connect well causing it to heat up, damage itself (permanently) and rebooting the phone till a point it rebooted every two seconds. Restoring upgrade errors with the LG PC Suite (you can try this too) didn't help. I tried flashing it with a custom ROM to no avail. Then I tried the initial rom from 2014, still no succes. Even when re-upgrading to Marshmallow it had this issue.
Because the power chip on the battery failed somehow, the wifi antenna got to much electrical noise to work continuously. That's the difficult part, I've tried everything for hours and hours.

The easy part: Marsmallow destroyed your battery. Buy a new one, or put a strip between the battery and the SD card like explained here.

Cor

With your paper trick.. I did resolve the issue of frequent reboots.. Thanks a lot for that..
However i couldn't fix the wifi issue.. I cant get wifi to turn on (not even in safe mode).. Heard there could be an issue with the Wifi IC in the motherboard.. How can i fix it?

Please help!

Techtwo

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site

4. Overheating ofc.

I'm having the same problem. LGG3 Verizon.It already had marshmallow worked fine. The last update a few weeks back took hours to install. Drained the battery. Recharged. Started allover again. Replaced the battery. 4 factory resets. 3 wipe caches from boot screen. I still can't get wifi to work properly.If it detects a signal it says saved , connect. But won't connect. I suspect the update fried the phone, or the cpu plus antenna, as it overheated then. Still does weeks later! I'm running on 4g 3/4 of the time. Not happy can't keep this up.Plus screen freezes and a processor error on startup.Those freezes can last a day. Which I can't figure out how to fix. I'm not exactly tech inept. But this thing has thrown me a loop. Help. My marshmallow is s'mored.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084