pay off lg g3 or trade in to s7?!?

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
hi! i have an lg g3. i still owe $145 on it thru at&t. should i trade it in and get an s7 or finish paying it off and have best buy fix it? the reason i'm trying to decide to trade it in or fix it, is that the rear camera has recently begun to malfunction. the phone won't recognize the camera and says that the camera failed to start or the app has closed. i recently noticed that it happens more often when the snapchat app is loaded onto my phone. i have already done 2 factory resets on it and the same issue still arises. i have a 5 & 1/2 month old son, so the camera is a very important feature for me.

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
also, if i decide to keep the lg g3 and fix it, i have to pay a $150 deductible to best buy for a refurbished phone. so i'll end up paying $295 to keep my lg g3.

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
yes, in safe mode it just shows a black screen and then a pop up shows that the camera could not be connected. i went onto ifixit.com to order a replacement camera, which was about $18 shipped. i replaced the module and it seemed to work. but after a while it started to fail again.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I just traded my lg g3 for the s7 edge. My provider had a sale... 50% off on the phone plus 125 off and a trade in....so didn't cost me much in the end. So far loving the s7 edge!

Posted via the Android Central App

jkovacs

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you live without the camera for a month or two? I'm down to just three payments left and they told me I could trade it in now without paying it off, but I'm opting to keep it until I pay it off. Mine isn't damaged and it sill still have some value in a few months, plus maybe the S7 price will come down a bit in the summer. Not sure but I'm going to hang on for a while.

...Joe K.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Trade in value often decreases significantly if the condition of the device is not good. I would suspect this to be the case if the camera is not working, so I would suggest selling it on the private market with the disclosure that camera not working. You may get a little more for it rather than the trade-in value through a carrier or retailer.