I broke my lg g3 screen so i cant really open anything except 2 spots and after there open can move a page up or down from the side but no way to get to any settings. And wen i power it on it tells me my screen is damaged and i need to use my volume buttons for yes and no and end with power. I'm just wanting to get my contacts, pics,videos, and maybe txts off. Is there away?
    03-17-2016 12:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try using a basic USB mouse connected via OTG cable.

Are your contacts saved to your Google account or the local Phone account? If the former, then it's easy--they should be synced automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud. Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and see if they're there. If they're on the local Phone account, it's harder to get them, because they're saved to an SQLite database file in a protected system directory. This is why I always recommend saving this kind of information to your Google account.

Photos and videos should be easy--as long as the screen is unlocked, you can connect the phone to the computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files.

Texts are harder. Using the OTG USB mouse, you could install something like SMS Backup & Restore.
    03-17-2016 03:30 PM
    And it can depend on your carrier's potential backups as well. Verizon's Cloud backs me up....I can log onto My Verizon account, and view my content. I think I even looked at text.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-17-2016 08:03 PM