LG G3 with Android M 6.0 OTA update

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys :)

So I just got the Android 6.0 OTA update for my LG G3 32GB D855. I live in Bulgaria. It was a little under 800MB and after about 1 hour of downloading (through a 100Mb/s WiFi connection) and another 30 minutes of update time it is working flawlessly. :)
There was a little strange occurrence as after the update I was missing half of my applications including the application store, but after a restart (the device updated them and then started) all of the showed up. The only down side is that they are no longer in their folders in the app drawer so I need to re-manage them. As far as I've researched, this happens a lot and a simple restart seems to fix the issue.

Here are some screenshots (Apologies for the Bulgarian language):
83cdWch.jpg
amsblxC.jpg
5gwg1lb.jpg
MBOXUHP.jpg

Cheers!

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Nice... It sucks here in the US when your LG G3 is under a lazy carrier like T-Mobile. They may not even release marshmallow at all.

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... I've always preferred unlocked phones over getting them from a carrier for that particular reason. I got my old HTC Sensation 4G back when I was in the States from T-mobile and... well, I'm glad I changed it :D

Thanks, so far so good. The only thing that is bothering me is the battery life. It seems that it's going down noticeably faster compared to when it was on 5.0 for some reason. Any suggestions what it may be, how to check or what to do? I can list some settings if you want me to, but everything is identical to what it was before with the only difference that I now have he "optimize for gaming" option in the battery settings.

Cheers!

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
A small update: after some time of usage the battery life improved dramatically. To be honest I have no idea what happened, but in the beginning I had to charge my phone three times a day. No I can easily go with just one during the day after I start the morning with 100%. Anyone else experienced this?

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
A small update: after some time of usage the battery life improved dramatically. To be honest I have no idea what happened, but in the beginning I had to charge my phone three times a day. No I can easily go with just one during the day after I start the morning with 100%. Anyone else experienced this?

Your battery is dying so I would suggest getting a new one before it gets the rebooting issue.

This happened to me.

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the heads-up! :)
Is there a reason why the battery would improve after a few days of usage and how is this connected to it being at its life's end? Is this a known issue? I say a few other posts here and there where people claim the same and that the new OS actually needs some time before managing the battery well..

Cheers!

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got an unlocked 32Gb D855 sourced from France (I live in the UK). Got my update to MM about a week ago. Did a factory reset immediately afterwards. Runs like a dream and battery is fine too. Strangely enough before the update the AC app used to take about 10 seconds to change to "mark all read". Now changes immediately.

So in summary I'm very pleased with the update.

Last edited:

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got an unlocked 32Gb D855 sourced from France (I live in the UK). Got my update to MM about a week ago. Did a factory reset immediately afterwards. Runs like a dream and battery is fine too. Strangely enough before the update the AC app used to take about 10 seconds to change to "mark all read". Now changes immediately.

So in summary I'm very pleased with the update.

Much difference in the UI?

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Some small changes, perhaps the most useful for me in settings is the ability in battery optimisation to select an app to override 'doze'. It seems when I used the phone after a few hours a Gmail message or two pops up. I'm not sure at this stage if it's a coincidence or that Gmail has gone into doze' mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user