[SOLVED] [SOLUTION] LG G3 screen fades / fading to black, flickers, screen won't turn on

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
(SOLVED) (SOLUTION) The cause of this problem is the SIM CARD!!!!!

Just remove your current sim card then restart the phone and connect to WIFI. Observe for about 10-15 mins nothing blacking out, flickering like an old light bulb or constantly fading like when you turn off an old TV screen. Then try inserting another sim card to phone. Observe again for a couple of minutes after rebooting.

To confirm if it is the existing SIM card that caused the problem, insert back that original SIM then reboot.

BOOM! it flickers, then fades slowly to black then blacks out so even knocking on the screen won't turn on the display you have to press the power button 2x to open the unlock screen.

This happened to me last week and I observed it using different scenarios (eg. turning off wifi, turning off data, turning off face detection then on my first day I removed my sim card and put another sim card on G3 then i was happy the problem was gone.

But since I need the original sim I put it back to G3 after a day then the problem came back.

Now I am not using my original sim and I am using my replacement sim and it didn't show any signs of the problems.

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
(SOLVED) (SOLUTION) The cause of this problem is the SIM CARD!!!!!

Just remove your current sim card then restart the phone and connect to WIFI. Observe for about 10-15 mins nothing blacking out, flickering like an old light bulb or constantly fading like when you turn off an old TV screen. Then try inserting another sim card to phone. Observe again for a couple of minutes after rebooting.

To confirm if it is the existing SIM card that caused the problem, insert back that original SIM then reboot.

BOOM! it flickers, then fades slowly to black then blacks out so even knocking on the screen won't turn on the display you have to press the power button 2x to open the unlock screen.

This happened to me last week and I observed it using different scenarios (eg. turning off wifi, turning off data, turning off face detection then on my first day I removed my sim card and put another sim card on G3 then i was happy the problem was gone.

But since I need the original sim I put it back to G3 after a day then the problem came back.

Now I am not using my original sim and I am using my replacement sim and it didn't show any signs of the problems.

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Wow! it didnt work...

Well My Scenario was: I haven't Baked, Opened, Re-applied Thermal Paste, resoldered nor put any paper or tin foil on the camera.

My case was : when the flickering/fading out/blacking out of the screen; I just removed my original sim card and put a replacement sim card.

So this is a FIRST STEP TO DO scenario in case you have this problem.

I had the problem last 21-Mar and I solved a day after and until now my G3 is working fine and it is not even overheating.

So I am sorry if it didn't work on your case but definitely this solution will help someone else.

I hope you'll find another solution also.

JP3tri3

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I registered just to say THANK YOU TONYANGELES !!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to fix the same issue for days and I just stumbled across your thread and tried removing the sim card, booting up, connecting to wifi and it appears to being working like new again. I did have the issue occurring until I reconnected to wi-fi which made it difficult but once I was able to do that, I've been using it since. I still need to test a little longer because I did have moments where it would work for a few minutes on and off but it's been on for a solid half hour now with no issues. I even went and paid off my phone today to upgrade to the LG G5 (not sure how I feel about it) before coming home and looking around again for a possible fix. I really hope this is a permanent fix so that I can either return the G5 or sell my G3 as working. I may go switch the G5 for the V10 if I decide not to stick with the G3. I'm curious as to what will happen once I put another sim card in the G3. Maybe the error was with some update and the old sim cards. Either way, so far so good. I'll edit this post if the problem starts up again.

El Niche

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I also just logged on to say THANK YOU!! I was so sure the screen had just popped on me and I would need a replacement that I bought a g4 without searching for a cause. Now I'm gonna test the g3 with another sim and decide if I just sell it as working or return the g4. But again thanks I was about to sell the g3 as "for parts"

mondymondelo

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I also just logged on to say THANK YOU!! I was so sure the screen had just popped on me and I would need a replacement that I bought a g4 without searching for a cause. Now I'm gonna test the g3 with another sim and decide if I just sell it as working or return the g4. But again thanks I was about to sell the g3 as "for parts"

Hi, I just want to know if this works on you phone?Because I also have the same problem.than you in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12