We have 4 G3's in our family. Three of them work fine. But my son's G3 eats batteries. Always has, since he first got it, or very soon after. He says he can fully charge it, put it in his pocket and never touch it, and 4 hours later it's at 10%.

We've replaced the battery. 3 times.
    Verizon even swapped it out for a brand new phone.
    He checked his app battery usage. There are no big battery-eaters. It's basically identical to mine, and I typically get 30-35 hrs per charge with modest usage.
    (Tried to attach a link to an image but the forum wouldn't allow it.)

He checked the drain. This image shows less than 2 hours of use. During the flat portion the phone was plugged into his PC (USB3.0), which he says will keep it from draining but it doesn't charge it up. So in an hour it drained 12%, and it's projecting only 4 hours left.
    (It drained 12% in an hour, then while he had it plugged into the USB3 for an hour, it went flat. Didn't charge at all.)

So: It's not the phone. It's not the battery. It's not the charger, since he's swapped that too. It doesn't seem to be the apps he's running, since Chrome (at 3%) is the top non-system battery user. It doesn't seem to be my son's usage patterns, since he says it will drain in his pocket.

Which leaves him. I've suggested maybe he has a mutant energy-draining property, and maybe he should change his name to Discharge-O.

Any suggestions?? He is REALLY sick of this, and wants a new phone. But he's not eligible for another year....
    04-07-2016 09:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It would still be helpful to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

I assume you mean the LG G3, and not the Moto G (2015), right? Will move this to the G3 forum.
    04-07-2016 03:06 PM
    Had to dredge up my old account to reply...

Thanks! I will ask my son to provide that info. In case he doesn't know this stuff any better than I do...

1. Settings > Battery, no problem.
    2. *Fullscreen* battery graph? Settings > Battery > Battery usage displays the battery graph, but I don't see Awake time or Cell Signal strength. It does have "Usage on battery" and "Estimated time remaining." (Which on my G3 are 33+ hours and 32+ hours! Haven't been using the screen a lot today.)
    3. Where is that? I see Settings > Display, and Home Screen, and Lock Screen, but not Screen.
    4. No idea where that is...

And yes, this is an LG G3. I'm running Android 6.0 on a Verizon VS985, and presumably my son is too.

Gary
    04-07-2016 05:43 PM
    Some phones don't give the cell signal strength and awake details--I'm not sure why they took that information away. You can always install a 3rd party battery monitor app like GSam Battery Monitor to get that information.

To see the total screen-on time, look at the list showing the percent usage of each app or service--it's usually in the main Settings>Battery screen. Find Screen, and tap it. If Cell Standby is also significant, you should see it listed there as well.
    04-07-2016 06:06 PM