Texting issue on Cricket with LG G3

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have an unlocked LG G3 (T-Mobile variant) and have it set up on Cricket Wireless. We've been having this weird issue where text messages won't send/receive and the only thing that will fix the problem is to make a phone call. I've contacted cricket several times and they've done the usual "reset the service" asked to factory reset the phone. The factory reset works for a couple of days, then the problem shows up again. I've looked in to APN settings and found a reddit where someone found that they're proxy.aiowireless.net was resolving to different addressed depending on whether you were connected via wi-fi or via 4G. I tried setting the proxy to one of the "4G" IP addresses and that didn't seem to fix the issue either. Can anyone recommend a fix to this? It's driving us both crazy.

We're missing text messages and we only realize it after we make a phone call and a flood of text messages comes in. I will also note that my wife had similar issues on the Amazon Fire phone, but she used it for such a short time, it was hard to diagnose. We thought maybe it was just a problem with the fire OS.

Thanks!

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Have not requested a new SIM. I really think it's the APN setting for the MMS Proxy, but haven't been able to confirm it. And how can my wife and I be the only ones afflicted by this problem. Seems like it would be widespread and Cricket would go out of business.

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't imagine both SIMs being/going bad. The fact that we both have the same exact phone and have the same exact problem makes me think it's an issue with the T-Mobile variant of the G3. Hate to have to pick up a new phone just to test this theory.

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I've rooted and ROM'd my phone, but had issues with bluetooth so that was a non-starter for me. I didn't have it running in that mode long enough to see if the text messaging issue came back. I may try it again if this texting issue resurfaces. I have to believe there's something going on with this phone and the carrier mods.

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Whelp, heard back from Billy at Cricket. Not sure it's going to be much help to a Verizon phone, but here's what they think the issue is:

Our IT team has located the issue. Jeff spoke with your wife to explain what was going on which is that the T-Mobile visual voicemail app is interfering with your text messaging. To disable the app just go to settings->applications->visual voicemail->disable. If you have any questions or issues please let me know.

magnum003

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
The saga continues. I reset my wife's apn settings to have the hostname instead of one of the IP addresses that the host name resolved to. She received a flood of text messages from her group of friends. However, they all came in as individual texts and none of them downloaded. Tapping on "download" does nothing but make a little circle spin. Anyone know what causes this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan