Anybody gotten on Marshmallow on AT&T?
    04-24-2016 06:25 AM
    from a report written on 3/29/16
    LG G3 Marshmallow Release Details on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S. Cellular - Neurogadget

AT&T

AT&T has not been very busy in the Marshmallow updates, with only a handful of devices running on this carrier currently having received the update. The carrier has not mentioned a word on when the LG G3 Marshmallow update will show up. The last time this device received an update was back in 2015, which was basically an update to Android Lollipop.

Perhaps AT&T believes in the adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Here's a comparison of Marshmallow and Lollipop:
    https://www.androidpit.com/android-m...pop-comparison

Some of the highlights:
    App permissions. Allows one to control individual permissions of apps.
    Good for those who are smarter than the app developer.
    Battery life: Doze. Claims to "double" battery life.
    Very skeptical. The three biggest battery drains are (1) screen on time, (2) distance to nearest tower, (3) GPS.
    How will Doze help with 1 and 2?
    Google Now on Tap. Too intrusive AFAIC
    Fingerprint sensor: LG G3 ain't got one.
    Android Pay: works on Lollipop with pattern or PIN, don't need fingerprint.
    Only significant advantage I see in Marshmallow over Lollipop is being able to use SD card as internal memory. However, it may require a re-formatted SD card, may slow down the operation, may not work correctly on g3.
    Not anxious to get marshmallow at all.
    04-25-2016 04:32 AM
    Only significant advantage I see in Marshmallow over Lollipop is being able to use SD card as internal memory. However, it may require a re-formatted SD card, may slow down the operation, may not work correctly on g3.
    And considering that the G3 randomly unmounts and remounts SD cards, using it as internal memory is bound to make you want to pitch it into the lake.
    04-26-2016 09:51 AM
    i just got the update (for att version), go ahead and make a software update check...

Marshmallow on ATT-screenshot_2016-04-27-15-35-28.jpg
    04-27-2016 03:39 PM
    Just got my att update about 1 hr ago. tom
    04-27-2016 04:56 PM
    Got it. Having a problem getting my SD card to mount as internal storage, where as, I can't. Any ideas?

Edit: can't see where Doze is configurable. Should be Battery>overflow>Battery Optimization

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 09:15 PM
    Edit: can't see where Doze is configurable........
    According to this article:
    Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central
    it's not confgurable.
    04-28-2016 08:28 AM
    Any hiccups with those who updated?
    04-28-2016 11:01 AM
    None so far for me
    04-28-2016 11:44 AM
    I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the user could make apps immune to Doze. No problem, I was just trying out the new OS and all its configuration options

04-28-2016 12:01 PM
    Any hiccups with those who updated?
    None so far.
    04-28-2016 01:13 PM
    Yes, I saw it. I think under apps, click an app, there are different options for each app.
    04-28-2016 01:14 PM
    Got it. Having a problem getting my SD card to mount as internal storage, where as, I can't. Any ideas?

Edit: can't see where Doze is configurable. Should be Battery>overflow>Battery Optimization

I think it is already configured because you have to erase and format it just to use it elsewhere. You just have to move apps to it manually. And it doesn't limp all storage into a single number.

Photos link of UI screenshots:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...gtSzdnUk5ZUmNR
    04-28-2016 01:26 PM
    Ok I saw the update started to dowwnload it and failed. Went back and now it's not there did AT&T pull it.
    04-28-2016 02:19 PM
    I just got it yesterday. Looks good and feels more slick so far. I was hoping it would fix the problems I'm having with my G3 but it didn't. Top part of my screen does not work so no swipe down menu (only with soft button). Also it keeps going to sleep any time it wants.
    I have to say that I changed from Samsung because of its hardware getting slow after 7 months of use but LG has been disappointing. It is still a fast phone and battery life is awesome after more than a year of use. So I have to be fair.
    Probably moving to HTC or back to Samsung since I can live with poor battery life but not with parts of my screens dying on me.
    04-29-2016 10:05 AM
    Really enjoying this update so far. Feels much more polished than Lollipop. Love that the status icons in the upper right hand corner have been shrinked down in size giving you more room for other notification icons.
    maclancer likes this.
    04-29-2016 05:08 PM
    I think it is already configured because you have to erase and format it just to use it elsewhere. You just have to move apps to it manually. And it doesn't limp all storage into a single number.
    That's what I ended up doing: formatted and moved what apps I could.

04-29-2016 06:52 PM
    Yes, my upgraded 4/28 in the evening.

A lot of apps are not there now to include the play store. Gone.

How do I roll back or get the play store.
    04-30-2016 09:26 AM
    Try apkmirror.com

05-01-2016 10:12 AM
    Curiosity overruled logic, and I installed Marshmallow. Glad I did. It's nice.
    05-01-2016 12:14 PM
    Also noticed that my GPS issues have been fixed. Whenever I would use my G3 for navigation in Google Maps previously I would have issues with it not being able to keep up with my current location while driving down the road. Now it follows me perfectly.
    05-03-2016 02:56 PM
    Mine is not getting the update. I have unrooted, but still says there is no available update when I manually connect to server.
    05-04-2016 01:06 AM
    It cut my battery life in half...
    05-04-2016 12:47 PM
    Hello!
    WiFi is erratic and constantly shutting off. It's so erratic it keeps resetting my phone. That's not the worst. As of this morning when my phone resets it Uninstaller about 10 apps, mostly Goggle apps. Thank goodness there not the critical ones. Although, I do need Google Calendar and Google Rewards, etc. I would appreciate any help.
    It's come to the point that I have the important apks saved to my SD card. Help!

06-14-2016 10:33 PM