Contacts App Crashing "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" w/ picture

hbs003

May 4, 2016
Visit site
LG G3 D850 on AT&T, not rooted. Updated to Marshmallow (6.0) 2 days ago which I'm assuming has something to do with this issue. Anything having to do with editing or creating a contact causes "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" to pop up and I cannot edit or add any contact information. I haven't been able to find anything helpful online. I have tried to restart the phone and also went into settings>general>smart cleaning> and I removed the temporary files. If you have any ideas on what I can try next let me know. Thanks in advance.Screenshot_2016-05-03-22-01-30 (1).jpg

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
LG G3 D850 on AT&T, not rooted. Updated to Marshmallow (6.0) 2 days ago which I'm assuming has something to do with this issue. Anything having to do with editing or creating a contact causes "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" to pop up and I cannot edit or add any contact information. I haven't been able to find anything helpful online. I have tried to restart the phone and also went into settings>general>smart cleaning> and I removed the temporary files. If you have any ideas on what I can try next let me know. Thanks in advance.View attachment 226417

First try wiping your cache partition, here are the instructions for your phones
How to Enter Recovery Mode on LG G3

If that doesn't work may want to do a factory reset.

Hope that helps

Louise Belcher15

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. Alot of people said deleting voicemails worked, others said Google+ was the problem so they disabled it. But nothing worked for me so I went into:
1. Google+ App
2. Account settings
3. Clicked contacts
4. Clicked Keep contacts up to date

After this I clicked on contacts once more and it worked perfectly again. I hope it works for anyone else if nothing else worked either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781