My Verizon LG G3 VS985 won't sustain a charge.

emeraldleo72

May 4, 2016
Visit site
My Verizon LG G3 VS 985 wont charge or turn on! I've taken the battery out held the power button for 30-60 seconds put the battery back in, pushed power button and NOTHING! So i did the same thing but instead of trying to power up i plugged it in. The red LED light would flash quick go off the screen would come on show the battery and plug on the screen with 0%, screen would go off and LED light would come on flash on and off like it typically would do when it charges then normally it would stop, phone would buzz and the screen would come on showing the battery with 5% or so black out then the LED would come on again and stay a solid red instead of flashing til it was done. Now now it'll flash for hours on end and i would tap the power button and it still shows 0%. On occasion i would start the process over and after charging for a while the phone buzzes like a notification that it has enough juice to start up, but it won't, it'll buzz for bout 2-3 seconds every 30 seconds til i unplug the phone, then I'll restart the process and again the LED will flash continuously and still wont charge. I even put in another used battery, I ordered another new battery if that s not it I'm gonna order a new cord if that's not the issue, would anyone have a clue what it may be? The last thing i wanna assume that it bricked!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I would have recommended trying a different charger to see if that worked as well as buying a new battery for the device (which I see you've already did) give them both a shot and let us know if they work. Was the phone playing up prior to this battery incident?

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
He already did try that, aztec12.

@emeraldleo72: does the screen stay on if you remove the battery and then connect the USB cable? And what happens if you use a battery that is already charged, but you don't plug in the power cable? Hey and what about a different USB cable? Aren't you using a data-only cable?

Cor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance