LG G3 won't turn-on and if turns on, turns-off later. battery-replacement and hard-reset not working

christofroroscy

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I'm having an LG G3 for a over a year and it has been alright so far. It slowly began with restarting itself at random times until it barely turns on. When it turns on eventually, may go on a bootloop for a while or will turn itseIf off after a while. I have tried to buy a new battery (2 original ones just to be sure) and replaced it. It didn't work. After that, i hard-reset the phone. It was ok for a couple of hours, then it went back to the same problems. So, it's not a battery problem and wasn't fixed after a battery replacement. Also, the guarrantee it'es finished so I can't return it neither can afford to buy a new one at the moment. Any ideas why this might be happening?

humstonD2016

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same thing. I have an unlocked AT&T G3, have had it working flawlessly for right at year, that I use on Consumer Cellular. I thought it was only related to turning on the 4G LTE but now it restarts itself on wi-fi too. My wife's phone, that same thing, received a software update today. I'm hoping that it is meant to fix the problem! Her phone has been fine. The only way I get mine to turn on is by taking the battery out, putting it back in 5min later and plugging it in. Another odd thing is that my battery wiill read 75% then restart, and read 13%, for example. But if I take the battery out, put it back in, and plug it in, it reads 74% on the charging screen! What is going on?!?!?!?!?

humstonD2016

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Update: I received the software update from LG. It did not fix the problem. My phone will stay on fine as long as its plugged in. I thought maybe my phone was overheating but it gets hotter while plugged in, so that must not be the problem. I am guessing this is a battery issue but I don't want to pay for a new battery only to find that wasn't the problem. Anyone have an idea what's going on? I don't want to try a factory reset since my phone is unlocked and can't use it on Consumer Cellular if it locks back to AT&T

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Humston,

I know you tried 2 original batteries and conclude that this is not the cause and solution, but still it looks exactly like the issue I had. I solved it with a third battery. The first one died and the second one (new, original) died in a day. The third a cheap-*** thing from Ebay is still working.

Kind regards,
Cor