wifi problems after Android M update

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG G3 (AT&T D850) and after the Android M update I am having problems with it not connecting to wifi. I found a trick by turning on AIrplane mode, turning on wifi then turning off airplane mode. It helps but it is annoying to do it every time the phone will not connect.

Anyone know of a more permanent solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in? Does this problem happen on any wi-fi network, or just home?

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you already tried rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in? Does this problem happen on any wi-fi network, or just home?

I have tried rebooting the router. My other devices or computers work done.

And it is not limited to one wifi location. It happens anywhere and the problem only started after Android 6

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I found the problem. It was AT&T Smart Wifi. I disabled the app and now wifi works fine. No dropouts or anything.

I am having a battery problem which I will post in another thread

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found the problem! Not very smart Smart Wi-fi app, huh?:p These kinds of manufacturer- or carrier-specific "optimizer" apps often cause more problems than they try to solve ...

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
You are right. I found another setting in the Qslide called "Battery Saver"
I don't know what it is supposed to do, but it should have been called "Battery Waster"

The battery time was horrible with it on, even with everything turned off.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I suddenly had Wi-Fi not working properly. This after hard reset because my SD card is dis mounting. Anyway, i switched into airplane mode and also disabled "smart" Wi-Fi. I was able to connect to my home Wi-Fi again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci