Black screen of Death?

bosn45

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have found this problem in several places online. What I haven't found is a fix. When I try to boot up the LEDs flash as normal but there is nothing on the screen, just black. I even did the volume down and plug up. The device vibrates, but nothing else. There is no sound on either. I have two of these with the same problem. The cause of them may be different, that remains yet to be seen.

I have have switched the displays, motherboards and frame of mind! And I did try a known good phone in the swaps. Nothing! I know somebody out there has surely run across this problem, or maybe a friend. One of you Android Gods have got to have a solution. Maybe even a friend of a friend's cousin who had a niece that called a guy...!!!

Even if you don't have an answer, thank you for taking the time to read this. :-

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm responding, mostly in awe! 2 of the same devices, with the same problem?? If you've changed/swappped out everything you said, then man, I surely don't know. The only thing I can think of, off the wall....that you didn't try, is a new battery. Clueless, am I.

Chris

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi bosn45 and H3aTeRzz,

Can you try to turn on your phone and wait until it's completely booted. Is it functional then? If so, remove your flip cover/case or whatever and firmly push your finger against the back to the left of the power button and below the infra red sensor (black thingy). Now press the power button once or twice to turn (off and) on your screen. Does that work?

Kind regards,
Cor

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power