Having trouble with touchscreen after 6.0 update

mkrky

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Last nigh I updated my phone to 6.0. Then I started having trouble with unlocking the screen. Although I pressed the power key and knocked on the screen the phone was unresponsive and I had to wait a couple minutes to turn it on or put it on charge.

So I read a couple posts online and decided to update touch firmware from the hidden menu but it gave and error and now the screen is not responsing properly. I have to press really hard to make it work.

I tried both hard and soft reset but none of them changed anything. I havent dropped my phone or etc either. What should I do now ?

ps.sorry for bad english

NerdgrlApps

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
What device do you have? I guess my first step would be roll back to previous OS version (5.1 probably). Looks like updates didn't do any good to your phone, it happens. If you have google devices then it's good, because google provides system images for most of Android versions.

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Last nigh I updated my phone to 6.0. Then I started having trouble with unlocking the screen. Although I pressed the power key and knocked on the screen the phone was unresponsive and I had to wait a couple minutes to turn it on or put it on charge.

So I read a couple posts online and decided to update touch firmware from the hidden menu but it gave and error and now the screen is not responsing properly. I have to press really hard to make it work.

I tried both hard and soft reset but none of them changed anything. I havent dropped my phone or etc either. What should I do now ?

ps.sorry for bad english

Im also having a problem with my g3 screen. Dead spot started at the center and now it has gotten broader. I tried to remove the screen protector and it worked but after few days same problem exists. I only got this phone for less than a year when the problem started.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781