Camera in selfie mode. No option to flip it

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Very interesting problem here. My camera on my LG G3 is stuck in a selfie mode and there is no options to flip it back to my main camera. Any solutions for this?? Thank You

Flip.jpg

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting the same thing with a different camera app, I am forced to believe that you have a general hardware failure and the apps simply are not seeing the rear camera.

I just installed this free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...fo&rdid=com.inkwired.droidinfo&token=j9jqAp3C on my Nexus 6P, scrolled to the Camera tab, and it correctly shows both a Primary camera and a Secondary camera. Why don't you give it a try on your phone?

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are getting the same thing with a different camera app, I am forced to believe that you have a general hardware failure and the apps simply are not seeing the rear camera.

I just installed this free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...fo&rdid=com.inkwired.droidinfo&token=qwPoQg7G on my Nexus 6P, scrolled to the Camera tab, and it correctly shows both a Primary camera and a Secondary camera. Why don't you give it a try on your phone?

Secondary there, showing me a picture
Primary not there...

What do I do now?? Factory reset??? Really?? No any other ways???

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree with N4Newbie's diagnosis, but just slip it into Safe Mode on the offchance that it's a rogue app causing trouble. Unlikely, but worth a try.

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
In case you want to test the 'small chance' N4Newbie's talks about you could screw the back cover off and try to reconnect the camera connector. It's worth the try.

edoardotavecchio

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. Here on androidcentral, some users have found a strange but useful solution that seems to be diffused and often really working: just put a little piece of paper (like 1x2 cm) on the left of rear camera lens. It unbelievably worked for me too, but for something like 20 seconds. I've tried to replace the camera module, same result: working for something like a minute and then started crashing as before. Maybe you could give a try to paper's method, for some people it worked fine.

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
At the moment when posted, I understood from posts that it was the END of it... Just moved on to a new phone. Lived with the thought it just DIED...sorry bro

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. Here on androidcentral, some users have found a strange but useful solution that seems to be diffused and often really working: just put a little piece of paper (like 1x2 cm) on the left of rear camera lens. It unbelievably worked for me too, but for something like 20 seconds. I've tried to replace the camera module, same result: working for something like a minute and then started crashing as before. Maybe you could give a try to paper's method, for some people it worked fine.

But this guy's solution helped me with the idea of dumping... Try it

I just installed this free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...fo&rdid=com.inkwired.droidinfo&token=vDOO3m-r on my Nexus 6P, scrolled to the Camera tab, and it correctly shows both a Primary camera and a Secondary camera. Why don't you give it a try on your phone?

Plaigh

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. How difficult is it to replace the problem? Thankfully I have 2 G3's so I could use parts from that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech