Hi. Very interesting problem here. My camera on my LG G3 is stuck in a selfie mode and there is no options to flip it back to my main camera. Any solutions for this?? Thank You

Camera in selfie mode. No option to flip it-flip.jpg
    06-21-2016 09:30 AM
    If you haven't done so already, try restarting the phone and see if that helps.
    06-21-2016 09:42 AM
    If you haven't done so already, try restarting the phone and see if that helps.
    Just did. Same exact thing. There is no icon to flip it back to my main
    06-21-2016 10:10 AM
    Try installing another camera app (perhaps this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.camZoomFree ) and see if the problem persists.

If it does, then I vote for hardware failure.

If it does not, then I vote for a software problem with the default camera app.
    tube517 likes this.
    06-21-2016 10:34 AM
    Dude, same thing!!!!!!!!! How do I flip the camera to use the main one??
    06-21-2016 11:08 AM
    If you are getting the same thing with a different camera app, I am forced to believe that you have a general hardware failure and the apps simply are not seeing the rear camera.

I just installed this free app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ired.droidinfo on my Nexus 6P, scrolled to the Camera tab, and it correctly shows both a Primary camera and a Secondary camera. Why don't you give it a try on your phone?
    ilyabyk83 likes this.
    06-21-2016 12:48 PM
    PERFECT. I will. I'll report back in a bit
    06-21-2016 01:56 PM
    If you are getting the same thing with a different camera app, I am forced to believe that you have a general hardware failure and the apps simply are not seeing the rear camera.

I just installed this free app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ired.droidinfo on my Nexus 6P, scrolled to the Camera tab, and it correctly shows both a Primary camera and a Secondary camera. Why don't you give it a try on your phone?
    Secondary there, showing me a picture
    Primary not there...

What do I do now?? Factory reset??? Really?? No any other ways???
    06-21-2016 02:03 PM
    Has the phone ever been dropped? I suppose there is the very small chance that the rear camera has become partially or fully disconnected from the mainboard. Other than that, I have to assume it is dead.

Maybe info here will be of help: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/LG+G3+R...lacement/32692
    belodion likes this.
    06-21-2016 02:50 PM
    I agree with N4Newbie's diagnosis, but just slip it into Safe Mode on the offchance that it's a rogue app causing trouble. Unlikely, but worth a try.
    06-22-2016 01:43 PM
    In case you want to test the 'small chance' N4Newbie's talks about you could screw the back cover off and try to reconnect the camera connector. It's worth the try.
    belodion likes this.
    06-22-2016 04:05 PM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Here on androidcentral, some users have found a strange but useful solution that seems to be diffused and often really working: just put a little piece of paper (like 1x2 cm) on the left of rear camera lens. It unbelievably worked for me too, but for something like 20 seconds. I've tried to replace the camera module, same result: working for something like a minute and then started crashing as before. Maybe you could give a try to paper's method, for some people it worked fine.
    09-02-2016 08:54 AM
    At the moment when posted, I understood from posts that it was the END of it... Just moved on to a new phone. Lived with the thought it just DIED...sorry bro
    09-02-2016 12:04 PM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Here on androidcentral, some users have found a strange but useful solution that seems to be diffused and often really working: just put a little piece of paper (like 1x2 cm) on the left of rear camera lens. It unbelievably worked for me too, but for something like 20 seconds. I've tried to replace the camera module, same result: working for something like a minute and then started crashing as before. Maybe you could give a try to paper's method, for some people it worked fine.
    But this guy's solution helped me with the idea of dumping... Try it

09-02-2016 12:07 PM
    I have the same issue. How difficult is it to replace the problem? Thankfully I have 2 G3's so I could use parts from that one.
    04-10-2017 10:27 PM