Once in a while when I turn the flash on and try taking a photo or shoot a video, my phone will immediately shut off. When I press the power button to try and turn it back on, it will not turn on, unless I remove and reinsert the battery, or plug it into a power source. What I can't seem to figure out, is why doesn't it shut down every time I try to take a photo or video? So puzzling!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-15-2016 08:42 PM
    Hmm, this is strange. How often would you say that this happens? When did it start? Also, have you downloaded any new camera/photo editing apps recently?

07-15-2016 09:13 PM
    Probably the battery. Are you using the stock battery or a 3rd party battery?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/commen...and_wont_turn/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/commen...rns_off_phone/
    07-15-2016 10:29 PM
    It happens once or twice a week, I would say, although I can't say what the exact frequency of it occurring is, because it happens kind of randomly. Also, it started right when I got this phone, which is a replacement, since my previous phone stopped making calls after a Verizon tech pulled out the SIM card after I bought THAT phone in for a diagnostic for a separate problem. Anyhow, for some reason, Verizon shipped my replacement phone in a cardboard box that didn't have any styrofoam padding, which I found a little odd. I'm not sure if that would necessarily damage the phone, but I can't rule it out. The battery that is in my replacement phone is the the original one that I took out of my old phone, the LG BL 53YH. Could it possibly be damaged?

07-15-2016 11:49 PM
    It happens once or twice a week, I would say, although I can't say what the exact frequency of it occurring is, because it happens kind of randomly. Also, it started right when I got this phone, which is a replacement, since my previous phone stopped making calls after a Verizon tech pulled out the SIM card after I bought THAT phone in for a diagnostic for a separate problem. Anyhow, for some reason, Verizon shipped my replacement phone in a cardboard box that didn't have any styrofoam padding, which I found a little odd. I'm not sure if that would necessarily damage the phone, but I can't rule it out. The battery that is in my replacement phone is the the original one that I took out of my old phone, the LG BL 53YH. Could it possibly be damaged?

So, this is the original battery from your original G3? How old is it?
    07-16-2016 12:26 AM
    I bought my original phone in February 2015.

07-16-2016 01:20 AM
    I bought my original phone in February 2015.

If you can try another battery, that's the only way you can tell. does your battery look like it has a bulge? Is it draining significantly faster than when you originally bought it?
    07-16-2016 08:02 AM
    I actually did the spin test with the battery, and it doesn't spin. It doesn't drain excessively quickly, either. It seems to be pretty strong still.

07-16-2016 02:45 PM
    Just stumbled into this while researching the exact same problem. I take a picture with flash and the camera shuts off, needing a battery removal to start again. This only started recently, so I'm guessing a system update did it. Last update was 8/5/2016, though I think it started previous to that. The previous update was March. I don't use my camera a lot.
    08-19-2016 03:54 PM
    This just happened to me tonight taking a flash photo of a 4 point buck sleeping on the lawn under our bedroom window. First photo went fine with flash on auto, next photo failed after I had zoomed and switched to non auto flash mode. I had to plug in my charger to bring the G3 back to life. I tried again with 2/3 zoom and auto flash and it worked.
    Weird
    09-06-2016 12:27 AM