Over a month ago my phone was just working perfectly fine till one day the screen started blacking out while I used it. Occasionally it would flicker before blacking out to the point where I was almost unable to use my phone because it would black out so quickly. The phone itself works despite the screen being blacked out. I can receive calls and get notifications et cetera. I took my phone to the LG service center and they said the solution was to replace the front cover or LCD of my LG (which is really expensive btw) but when they replaced it, the problem still persisted so I asked them for my money back and I returned the new LCD they gave me.

Over time I learned how to deal with my phone and built up my patience for its usage given the current problem but now it has a new problem! I was using my phone and noticed the display wasn't blacking out like it used to. Naturally, I was ecstatic and then suddenly my phone restarted itself and when it was done restarting it said 'Service Disabled' and there is a cross over the signal bars. I tried restoring to factory settings and still doesn't work. After some time, the screen blacking out problem returned and now I'm just heartbroken at this point because my phone now has 2 problems and I really don't have the money to buy a new smartphone given the crazy prices.

I am desperate at this point; I need your help!
    07-17-2016 08:00 PM
    Hi

Did you purchase this phone new? Or from private person? Not sure about the display problem you're having, but the service disabled could be that the service provider blacklisted the device, normally this occurs after a contract is not met by previous owner. Not saying that's your issue, but a possibility.

I would look for a method to reflash your OEM software, see if that helps. Good Luck!

Chris
    07-18-2016 08:28 AM