I love my G3. Really had a great android experience coming from an iphone. Despite buggy issues in the beginning, headphone jack issues, camera issues, which I still experience to this day, this is still one of the best phones I have ever had. Really learned what separates android from IOS thanks to this phone. That being said I am going to be moving on to the Note 7 when it comes out. Really just want to experience something new and see what all the hype is about. I know I will still have other uses for my G3. Again it is such a great phone. I still to this day take the case off, wipe it down, and just think "wow, this phone is beautiful'.
    me75006 and Morty2264 like this.
    07-28-2016 02:58 PM
    In answer to the question posed in the topic, when I decide to get a new phone, I'll leave for a new brand if LG doesn't offer me what I want, and another brand does. And I'll stick with LG if LG offers me what I want, and another brand doesn't.

It's not like I have any particular brand loyalty to LG. Nor have I anything against LG.

It's really just a question of features, aesthetics, price, and a few other minor factors. Honestly, anything else would strike me as somewhat odd.

For various reasons, I do prefer Android to iPhone, so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Android. But beyond that I'll see what's out there, and choose accordingly.
    07-28-2016 06:37 PM
    This is my 5th smartphone and BY FAR, the best phone I have had.

That being said. Between LG and T-mo, the bugs and issues, while somewhat minor, just take forever to get resolved. If they get resolved.

While updates have been far and few, every update has caused problems, yes wifi, im looking at you.

My next phone will be a Nexus.

I hope LG will build it, as I love their quality and build. But I have to get away from the he said she said issues between LG and T-mo.

Almost jumped to the 6P when 6.0 came out and wifi issues begain again. But decided to wait for the 7P (or whatever they call it).

I would be ecstatic if they took the G3 and upgraded it to the newest specs and called it a Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2016 12:18 PM
    It was a bumpy ride at first with my G3. Splurged for the Quick Circle case with wireless charging, then AT&T did a software upgrade that killed it, months went by before it was fixed. In the interim, I gave up on the Quick Circle case, as debris found its way under the flap and created a nice arc of scratches on the screen around the circle. But with subsequent upgrades and resigning myself to a wired charger, the LG G3 was fine, and I used it until I gave into the temptation of the Samsung Galaxy S7. It's a bit better in every respect, and the G3 is now my backup phone in lieu of buying insurance on the S7.
    07-30-2016 07:20 AM
    Still using my att Lg3 as my main phone even though I can't seem to update to marshmallow.The screen to body, the back speaker volume, camera good but yea not the best, I like the lg skin...back buttons placement... Replacement battery that I use on long trips... I have an Samsung s6 but I keep using lg3... My lg3 is still working great so I guess i should sell the s6.

G3 D850
    08-06-2016 02:11 AM
    I've just realised that my G3 is over two years old, and still going good.
    08-07-2016 05:48 PM
    Love my G3, and will take a hard look at the V20. I want a watch that integrates well with the phone, much like the marriage of the Galaxys and their Gear watches (the watch has its own phone number, calls can be made independent of the the phone). The LG Urbane was pulled back. I may pick a phone solution that supports a phone/watch combo....

08-08-2016 07:01 AM
    I've just ditched my g3 for a moto. My hand was forced as it was broken and the new lg phones didn't really appeal. I'd also had bad battery life from the phone for a while and my wife has had her phone replaced due to crazy battery drain but the replacement wasn't much better. Only had the moto a week or so but for the price I'm really happy.

08-08-2016 07:55 AM
    My G3 has been great on Sprint. I'm leaving, though, for the Note7 because there hasn't been an update to the 6.0. I'll miss this G3 but looking forward to my Note7. My wife has the 7edge so I know a little bit what I'm getting into.
    08-11-2016 08:31 PM
    Still undecided on the next Nexus or Note 7. But one thing is for certain, it will not be an LG. Not entirely LGs fault, but I will say that this thing has been far buggier than any phone I've had in the past. Random reboots, overheating, etc. Enough.

And I'm also leaving Sprint because the lack of updates to this phone in addition and 0 reception at more places than not.

08-12-2016 12:50 PM
    Love your review! I also have the G3 and love it very much! I'm not sure what I will upgrade to next. I like jumping from one manufacturer to another, so I might move to Nexus again or to HTC if the 10 goes down in price. Not too sure though. That's the beauty of Android - so many options! I'm thinking of moving away from LG because I like experiencing the different manufacturers... But I loved my Nexus 5 and stock Android, so who knows, maybe I'll grab the 6P!

Great thread - thanks for contributing!

mond858 likes this.
    08-15-2016 08:03 PM
    I will stay with my LG G3 for as long as I can. I really like the power button on the back. Plus I can't afford a fancy phone now that Verizon doesn't subsidize their phones. It also does what I need it to do. And it seems many of the newer phones went to smaller screens. I like big.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:16 PM
    I've never actually owned 2 phones from the same manufacturer. Started with Motorola, then Samsung, then LG. I was hoping that LG could gain my loyalty, but sadly, I don't feel like they have. I loved my G3, until I got a large yellow burn spot on the screen only a couple months in. Customer service was horrible as I tried to get this taken care of. Luckily for me, the yellow spot went away after a few months, and I loved my phone again. The love ended when it succumbed to the dead-screen issue that I now see was semi-common. Not sure I trust their quality control. I'm now "suffering" through months of using a first-gen Moto X until I decide on a new phone.

I must say, though, the V20 could interest me, but it's got to beat out the new Nexus devices coming soon.
    08-17-2016 11:51 AM
    I will stay with my LG G3 for as long as I can. I really like the power button on the back. Plus I can't afford a fancy phone now that Verizon doesn't subsidize their phones. It also does what I need it to do. And it seems many of the newer phones went to smaller screens. I like big.
    I agree with you! I LOVE the back buttons. I was so disappointed that the G5 did not stick with that hardware benefit.

Also, I too think lots of manufacturers are sticking with smaller screen sizes now, and I think the size of the G3 is perfect.

08-17-2016 10:52 PM