What "system update" is Verizon/LG pushing right now?

enorth

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what "System update" Verizon and/or LG is pushing to LG G3 phones? I'm already running Marshmallow. Is this a security update?

More specifically, what effect is it going to have on my apps and settings? I really don't want to have to reconfigure apps, screens, etc., as I did when I went from Lollipop to Marshmallow, Kitkat to Lollipop, etc., but stalling it and stalling it is a pain too. As usual, the people at Verizon are zero help.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what "System update" Verizon and/or LG is pushing to LG G3 phones? I'm already running Marshmallow. Is this a security update?

More specifically, what effect is it going to have on my settings? I really don't want to have to reconfigure apps, screens, etc., as I did when I went from Lollipop to Marshmallow, Kitkat to Lollipop, etc., but stalling it and stalling it is a pain too. As usual, the people at Verizon are zero help.

It's exactly that a security update and typically it tells you what it is and what's updated before you download it

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So, the update tried to install while I was on vacation last week. I managed to put it off until I got back home Saturday night. Since the update, I keep getting variations of 'SIM card not detected' or 'SIM card not recognized' several times a day (4 times today). Restarting the phone clears that out until it comes back. I did absolutely nothing else to my phone - I'm not rooted, I've installed no new apps & don't have any apps that are not available through Google Play - very aggravating. This is after having to do a factory reset mid-June due to some other flaky issues the phone was having. Did the factory reset as a last ditch effort to keep from having to get a new phone. That seemed to do the trick, but now this SIM card deal is pretty aggravating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar