Recent screen functionality failings (VS985)

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
A few weeks ago my G3 had some sudden battery drain, as I wasn't near a charger I decided to shut it off. Instead of shutting down, it went into a boot loop three times, with the battery percentage drastically lower each time. After the third time it booted up I was able to get control, shut it down, and later got it charged. Since then, all sorts of goofy things started happening which have since gone away, save for one: my multitasking/recent screens button will randomly open up to nothing - no screens, like they'd all been closed. After a reboot they're all returned like nothing was wrong. This one single issue has persisted through five factory resets, a security update, and another factory reset in where nothing was restored. See below as to how well that worked. Switching launchers has no effect, and no recent apps from mid July to now have been restored, I've been using apps I've had prior with no issues. I'm all out of ideas aside from calling my carrier with a sob story.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 16528.jpg
    16528.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have OK Google enabled for all your screens? If so, disable it temporarily and see if it makes any difference.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Do you have OK Google enabled for all your screens? If so, disable it temporarily and see if it makes any difference.

Indeed I do. Or did; disabled at your suggestion so now we'll see how it goes. Won't be immediately, usually takes a few days so I'll post back at a later date. I'm going to have to relearn how to get by in the car without a hands-free solution, this will be a trial indeed.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Indeed I do. Or did; disabled at your suggestion so now we'll see how it goes. Won't be immediately, usually takes a few days so I'll post back at a later date. I'm going to have to relearn how to get by in the car without a hands-free solution, this will be a trial indeed.
If the problem doesn't come back it probably means that there's a conflict with the Google app. What launcher are you using?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, but I don't think so, Nova doesn't have control over the recent apps screen. I asked that because for some people clearing data for Google Now or uninstalling updates for the Google app seemed to fix the same problem. These are a bit radical measures if you use Now launcher :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey