When I picked up my phone I was quite hot and was off so it seems like it overheated and switched off.

When I turned in on I get the error message "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped".and the phone doesn't boot into the Main menu.

Essentially right now the phone is flashing the error message flashes for about 2 seconds, the screen goes black for about 2 seconds, the error message flashes again and so on. However I can still hear the notification sounds (text messages, email, I can still take screenshots by pressing the power and volume down button (the screenshot is always a black picture), I can open the notepad by pressing the volume up and power button ( when I try to type I get the error google play has stopped), If I hold the power button the power off options appear (power off, power off and restart, turn on airplane mode).

The System UI error still appears after rebooting and removing the battery from the phone. I have tried booting into safe mode but the system UI error still flashes though the safe mode text appears on the bottom left of the screen.

Are there any ways to restart the sytem UI and get the phone to work properly.

Any help is appreciated
    08-20-2016 12:16 PM
    Any luck?!? I woke up to the exact same problem on my G3 and have been able to get into "safe mode" but cannot continue any further. I have not installed any updates or made any type of changes.
    09-04-2016 11:48 AM