My LG G3 Wi-Fi does not turn on or show available networks

doubleujay

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG G3 and it will not let me connect to the internet. I can use the internet on my other devices( I'm on my laptop now) but when I try to turn the Wi-Fi on nothing happens and it doesn't show me any available networks at all. I have not been able to find much information on the issue. I have taken the battery out and did a restart. None of that helped. I hope to avoid having to do a factory reset. I have included a screenshot of what it looks like when i try to turn on my Wi-Fi.

I go to my settings and push the button to turn on the Wi-Fi. Nothing happens. Normally in that window all the different available networks pop up. On mine it doesn't. it is just a blank space. The Wi-Fi was working fine a couple days ago. I attached a photo of what I'm seeing on this post.

Attachments

• LGG3WiFi.jpg
    LGG3WiFi.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10

DTTR

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Well...
Follow my screen captures....
On Wifi tap on the tree dots, select Advanced WiFi.
Go to DualBand AP connection settingss and allow your phone to search for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands.

66cd8c3f3e276db9e1eccab0f2af98dd.jpg

d0579684c1271459089676f70a61b072.jpg

doubleujay

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I have U.S. Cellular and those options are greyed out and I can not click them or are not even available on my phone. I tried a factory reset but it is still doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
I had this problem as well for a while -I'd turn on Wi-fi on my LG-G3 and either:
- it would show the network as 'saved' but I wouldn't be able to connect OR
- there would be no list of networks at all( as shown in the picture on original post).
Eventually I would connect successfully to my network but this problem would reoccur when I turned off my wifi or the phone.

HERE'S WHAT I DID TO FIX THIS:
0. Have your wifi on, mobile data off, airplane mode off.
0. If your wifi screen shows a list of networks and you can't connect to any, turn your wi-fi off and on until the screen shows that there are no networks available to connect to, as shown in the picture of the original post.
1. The wifi is on but there are no networks to connect to
2. With the wifi still on, go into settings at top right in the wifi screen.
2. Go to 'saved networks'
3. Select ANY saved wifi network and 'forget' it.
4. Go back to the wifi screen.
5. Exit into the settings menu
6. Turn wifi off.
7. Pull down the quick settings from the top of the screen and turn airplane mode on.
8. Go back to settings menu
9. Go into the wifi screen and turn wifi on, at the top of the page.
10. At this point, after about 5 seconds, networks should appear and you should be able to connect to any.
11. You can turn airplane mode off if you want to now.
For me this problem re-occcured again whenever I restarted my phone or I turned my wi-fi off. Ask me to post a video of what to do if any of this is unclear or doesn't work. it works for me flawlessly