will rice fix a water damaged water port on an lg g3?

animegekk

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
so last night i dropped my phone in water by mistake while watching a movie at my cottage and it still works perfectly fine other then the charge port after i dried all my phone parts with a towel and double checked the water indicates where still white i went to plug it in and then my charge port started to sizzle....will leaving my phone fix it so i can charge it again or do i have to get it repaired?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Take the back off, battery and cards out, dry them all thoroughly, leave the device to dry. Perhaps gently blow the jacks with a warm hair dryer to help. In my experience, you will eventually get corrosion damage from the water..
In the interim, if the device works, use it once you're sure it's dry inside and out.

animegekk

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
thanks just ive had it in rice for a few days now and nothing really has been changing i hope what you've said works perfectly fine because i really dont want my parents to spend money on something that can be fixed on its own

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Please keep us updated on this situation. Does your carrier have any kind of loaner phone program for you if you need to get your phone refurbished?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670