Issues with predictive txt

BogusPHC

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
when I type in a word a list of possible words come up I was wondering why or whats the reason words are associated with the next word? it is an issue because my girlfriend will type in a word and use only the selected words associated with the previous word and somethings come up that cause concern it seems like the word association is random but mygirlfriend feels like it specific based on previos txt msgs typed and sent.. are the words only generated from what I have typed in the past or are most English words already in there? please help ya'll we need answers so this stuff can stop causing problems between us.. . thanks

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Not necessarily, the keyboard tries to predict what may be the next thing you want to type. Some of them are connected and will look on the internet for possible suggestions. Of course, they do learn patterns of how you usually type and if you use a certain word after another word, it will helpfully suggest that word. So, this may seem an ambiguous response but these smart keyboards know phrases at the onset, so just because you get "restaurant" when you type "Chinese" doesn't mean you go to Chinese restaurants... You can generally get them to forget words too by long pressing on the word you don't want.... ;-)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used SwiftKey (a keyboard app that is substantially better than the Google Keyboard, IMO, for other things as well as word prediction) for months now with this phone; and even then, sometimes words pop up that I never type or have typed. The keyboard is trained by you, but it also tries to work on its own to predict what it *thinks* you may want to type next. You can always explain this to her. I usually keep my phone out of my boyfriend's hands or anyone else's, really - not because I have anything to hide, but because my phone is my property and if someone uses it, I feel like they're rummaging through my purse, you know?

Don't worry, I am sure everything will be fine. :) Keyboards are also wonky. I've had sports teams or fields pop up when I'm purely a baseball fan! Madness!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781