LG G3 - Phone keeps switching messanger along with replacing icons to green androids

mzuino87

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Good Morning (first time poster),

My VZW LG3 has been acting odd lately. Last week I downloaded the app Meetup.com (from the store) to try to meet people here in Seattle. Upon downloading that my phone rebooted itself and replaced all of my app icons with the green android. When I would touch it they would say, "Application is not installed." My SMS application automatically defaulted to "Messaging" and out of Message+. My phone became unresponsive and only have several restarts did it start to act normal again; the icons went back to their app icon and I manually switched over to Message+.

Last night as I was sleeping it did it again. It woke me up at 4am to the sounds of text messages as the ones that were muted on Message+ were no longer muted on the Messaging one. Even now I have several icons that have been replaced by the green Android.

I have no SD Card, I am on Android 6.0, and have 30.81 used of 32.00 GB although it never loads the categories so I cannot determine what is taking up all the space.

Does anyone here know why this would happen? Is this common? Maybe my phone is just old.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if Meetup is what caused the problem. Try uninstalling it, then a few reboots might fix things up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As the poster above me stated, MeetUp may be causing this issue.

Also, how old is your phone? Have you experienced any kind of lagging, freezing, or other unusual behaviour?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781