Recover data from LG G3?

Dandog2500

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I still have my trusty G3. The phone has been acting a little slugging lately, but i chalked that up to having lots of apps running in the background.. Suddenly the other day, I was reading an article and the phone just shutoff instantly. black screen, no power. I tried everything, it will not boot, will not charge. If I remove the battery and hold the power button and reinsert the battery, sometimes I can get it to power up but it gets stuck at the LG splash screen indefinitely. If i follow the battery removal process, I try to boot to recovery, I get an android man lying on his back with a red triangle above his belly. I know the phone is probably toast at this point...oh well, I wanted to look into the G5 or v20 anyway. Question is..... Is there a way I can access anything on the phone such as contacts or pdfs and maybe whatever otherdata i may need?

Thanks !!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! If the phone can't boot up properly, then unfortunately you won't be able to access the stored data (unless you look into a forensic data recovery service, which would likely charge a lot of money). Was any of your info synced to your Google account? This is why I usually recommend that people save all of their contacts to their Google account and take advantage of the unlimited Google Photos Auto Backup.

Dandog2500

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Most things were synced, but there are definitely a bunch of missing contacts. Some of those were synced to the phone, some to google. It defaults to one or the other when making a new contact. I have all my pictures, google drive docs, Evernote, keep, the contacts is really what i was after. I can get the phone to hang at the LG splash screen. I didn't know if that would give me enough to work with

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it won't boot up, then I think it'll be difficult to retrieve that information. Even if you could access the internal storage, the problem with locally saved contacts is that they're saved to an SQLite database file in a protected system directory -- so you wouldn't be able to access that file unless the phone is rooted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37