LG G3 Repair - 3 weeks and still no phone

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to send my device into LG for repair. Payment made on 10/26. Repair status shows as "Repair in Progress" since. Repair quote had stated phone to be returned in 5-7 business days, now 3 weeks. I've called LG customer support twice. They have no way to call the service center, but escalated twice now with email. Each time promising that I'll hear something in 24 hours. Still nada. Anyone else encounter poor repair service like this? More importantly, any way to contact service center or someone who can do more than "send an email"?

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as well.
I sent V20 for crack screen repair on November 1st. Today is November 17th, and still "Repair in Progress." I contacted the customer service so many time and the only answer is that they will ship out as soon as repair is done.
What kind of screen replace takes 3 weeks and more? I'm never sending my phone to LG repair again.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The only suggestion that CSR had was the motherboard may be out of stock so causing delay. In today's real time environment, especially for company like LG, is it asking too much for email to be sent if that's the case and with anticipated repair time?

Samsung may have delivered a phone that burned, but they were responsive. Really weak repair service and feels like LG support just goes through the motion. Frustrating and def considering LG will not be my future choice for smart phone based on this weak @$$ service.

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I contacted CSR yet again through chat session and same answer over and over again.
"Repair is done. Will be shipped out soon."
This was the answer I got for past 3 days. I also asked last week that if the part was backordered to cause delay, but they simply have no idea what's going on, because the repair is done by sub-contractor.
LG is not my choice ever again for this horrible repair service. Hope we get the phone before thanksgiving. If not, it would be a true hell experience. So angry.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally received response from LG, they said that motherboard part was out of stock. They offered to replace with G4 at no additional cost. Won't ship until Friday, no reason given why so long to ship replacement.

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
That's some promising(?) news.
I've been contacting them on a daily basis, and still today they have no idea why the phone has not been shipped yet. This is ridiculous and outrageous. They always promise me for an update in 24-48 hours and never, not even once, bother to follow up. Last update I got on last week was that the phone repair was "COMPLETED," and since then the phone has been sitting somewhere for no reason. Absolutely worst service experience in my life.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally received response from LG, they said that motherboard part was out of stock. They offered to replace with G4 at no additional cost. Won't ship until Friday, no reason given why so long to ship replacement.

This seems to be good news! Hopefully you get your new G4 soon! I'm sorry you've been given the runaround, though. Three weeks is an awful long time to wait. :(

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be good news! Hopefully you get your new G4 soon! I'm sorry you've been given the runaround, though. Three weeks is an awful long time to wait. :(
It is when you consider they originally promised to return phone to me in 5-6 business days.

That's some promising(?) news.
I've been contacting them on a daily basis, and still today they have no idea why the phone has not been shipped yet. This is ridiculous and outrageous. They always promise me for an update in 24-48 hours and never, not even once, bother to follow up. Last update I got on last week was that the phone repair was "COMPLETED," and since then the phone has been sitting somewhere for no reason. Absolutely worst service experience in my life.

That's really odd for it to be just sitting after completed. Can't understand why LG doesn't, with today's technology, have better way to communicate with service facility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm heading into the beginning of 5th week since I sent the phone out to LG. I won't be just sitting and waiting anymore. LG should at the minimum call the service facility and specifically ask what is holding the shipping. Just ridiculous.

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Just off with yet another LG representative.
More frustrating news.
Apparently the repair inspection failed by quality control process. After failing test and sitting there for long time without apparent reason, on last Wednesday the phone was transferred to the board repair team.
At this point I'm already mad as hell because I contacted them so many times and they didn't update with that news, up until today. Secondly, I sent the phone for a cracked screen replace. If the board failed, that means the phone should be replaced with refurb phone under warranty. I told them so, and they told me because the phone has been recently released they didn't have any phone in stock.
Basically, I'm told to shut up and wait for two more weeks (even two weeks were earliest that they could promise me) for another repair and endless tests.
I'm absolutely not accepting this. Now I finally admit that contacting LG representative does not help at all. I am now trying to find any way at all to complain this to LG.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Very frustrating Lin. I talked with support yesterday about my repair, now replacement. Based on email I had received 2 weeks ago my replacement was to ship last Friday, that didn't happen. They now tell me that date was calculated in error, and I should expect shipment this Friday. I'll take the over on that and give 3 to 1 odds it doesn't ship by then.

LG is the worst company I have had to deal with on repair. DIL had Moto, shipped and returned in 1 week, that was amazing. Phone was out of warranty and they still repaired at no cost. Son had Samsung repair was a bit messier than Moto, but took 2 weeks for replacement to be received from date he shipped to them.

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I can hardly believe a company like LG is running this kind of customer service.
I think you should be even more frustrated than I am now. What type of replacement process takes more than 1 week? This is just speechless.
I've sent a complaint email to LG yesterday, was promised to get a response within 24 hrs, and of course they did not respond. Still waiting for any comment from LG. Now it's pretty obvious that they are ignoring my chats, email, whatsoever.
Basically, we are powerless against them because they have our phones, and that's what make me so mad. It's as if they are saying "well, you sent us your phone,, what can you do?"
Do you have any action planned to take if LG doesn't send the replacement after this Friday?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Very frustrating Lin. I talked with support yesterday about my repair, now replacement. Based on email I had received 2 weeks ago my replacement was to ship last Friday, that didn't happen. They now tell me that date was calculated in error, and I should expect shipment this Friday. I'll take the over on that and give 3 to 1 odds it doesn't ship by then.

LG is the worst company I have had to deal with on repair. DIL had Moto, shipped and returned in 1 week, that was amazing. Phone was out of warranty and they still repaired at no cost. Son had Samsung repair was a bit messier than Moto, but took 2 weeks for replacement to be received from date he shipped to them.

Keep us updated! This sounds like a rough situation. Good to know that you've had better customer service experiences from other manufacturers, though!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can hardly believe a company like LG is running this kind of customer service.
I think you should be even more frustrated than I am now. What type of replacement process takes more than 1 week? This is just speechless.
I've sent a complaint email to LG yesterday, was promised to get a response within 24 hrs, and of course they did not respond. Still waiting for any comment from LG. Now it's pretty obvious that they are ignoring my chats, email, whatsoever.
Basically, we are powerless against them because they have our phones, and that's what make me so mad. It's as if they are saying "well, you sent us your phone,, what can you do?"
Do you have any action planned to take if LG doesn't send the replacement after this Friday?

It does seem like they have you in a very sticky and difficult position. I don't blame you in the slightest for being frustrated. You should've been notified of those reports a long time ago. Keep us informed!

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've sent a complaint email to LG yesterday, was promised to get a response within 24 hrs, and of course they did not respond. Still waiting for any comment from LG.

As you found not much we can do. They lack and responsiveness, including through Twitter.

Already took action, bought a phone from different manufacturer as there were some great deals with BF. I will sell off the G4 whenever I get it. I'm voting with my wallet, may be small vote but will not buy another LG phone after this experience.

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I just checked my repair track on LG and found out it was just shipped.
No email was sent from LG. Considering I many time I bugged them down regarding this, I thought they would readily send me an email after it got shipped so that I stopped contacting them.
Well, anyway.. the tracking says it arrives this Saturday. I'm gonna have to see how the repair quality will be.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my repair track on LG and found out it was just shipped.
No email was sent from LG. Considering I many time I bugged them down regarding this, I thought they would readily send me an email after it got shipped so that I stopped contacting them.
Well, anyway.. the tracking says it arrives this Saturday. I'm gonna have to see how the repair quality will be.

Hopefully this is good news!! Hoping you get it on Saturday!

Lin Lee

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Bob61,

have you emailed them in lengthy format, complaining in every detail how nonsense the situation is? In my case, my phone got shipped two days after I sent them the email, although they did not reply.
I'm very concerned with the repair quality, because I've been nagging them to send the phone asap. I will have to see how the phone works tomorrow. I will update tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair