Phone stopped recognizing SIM card

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone just all of a sudden stopped recognizing my SIM card. Everything else works fine. I put a piece of paper in the slot to tighten things up and it worked for a few days and now that no longer helps. SIM card is still good because I'm using it in my Samsung G3. Also, now my micro SD card is no longer recognized. Before I spend money I don't have to buy a new phone, is there any way to fix this?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, same problem in Safe Mode. I live out in the boondocks so I don't have access to a repair shop. I would have to wipe my phone before I mailed it to someone to fix, wouldn't I?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have a good screen lock and password set up, then you don't necessarily have to wipe it. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel that a reputable repair shop won't have the inclination (nor the time) to try hacking through your password to steal your data. But be aware that in the process of the repair, they might be the ones who wipe your phone, so make sure your important local data is backed up or synced somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781