Where can I send my LG G3 for possibly a deep hardware repair?

A

AC Question

Hi, I'm looking for some reputable shops that might be able to repair the LG G3. The problem with it is that it flashes a random message saying the SIM card cannot be found, and then reboots. After a reboot it may still give me the message, or it may be resolved. I'm not sure if it's the SIM card reader - a repairman I talked to said that it could be some other hardware issue. I live in San Diego, but no one has the tools to work on the phone.

Please let me know if you know of a place! Thank you

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I would Google if there are any cellular repair shops in your area - in malls or even at a Best Buy. You can always send it to LG for them to take a look at it.

T1903

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, no shops in San Diego have the ability to work on this problem.

I cannot send it into LG because LG, according to their website at least, requires proof of purchase and date of purchase. I no longer have the receipt. Might be able to contact T-mobile and hope they have the receipt, but I'd like to explore indie repair options too.

Thanks again

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, no shops in San Diego have the ability to work on this problem.

I cannot send it into LG because LG, according to their website at least, requires proof of purchase and date of purchase. I no longer have the receipt. Might be able to contact T-mobile and hope they have the receipt, but I'd like to explore indie repair options too.

Thanks again

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Hmm, perhaps T-Mobile would have record of that - how old is the phone? Would showing your contract with T-Mobile/your G3 via picture/email/etc be sufficient for LG? That would still show your purchase and your signature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20